Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T - anyone running 19's in/around Virginia Water area??

Here is mine on OZ HRT's centre lock look and standard suspension.

Attachments

• img_20170504_202201_169.jpg
    img_20170504_202201_169.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 8,068
  • imag0851_157.jpg
    imag0851_157.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 8,068
They ride well on 18" wheels. How do you feel the drive is improved by going larger?

MC

MisterCorn said:
They ride well on 18" wheels. How do you feel the drive is improved by going larger?

MC
I found the ride a little, a very little harder/more feel of the road, but the handling when pushing on at track day's is transformed compared to 18's with larger side wall tyres.
when I changed wheels I also went from Pirrelli to Michelin PS2's, which again I found a vast improvement in the wet, slight improvement dry.
As for the diff, no issues at all only slight issue on my change was the rear clearance on the inside edge just tickling the arch liner, so I 'adjusted' the liner mounting bracket.

diverzeusy said:
Here is mine on OZ HRT's centre lock look and standard suspension.
those wheels look great :) thanks mate.

Again. just to reiterate the thread purpose - anyone in and around the area (Virginia Water +/- 15m) with 19's / standard suspension ?

Picked up a set of BBS LM's over the weekend. Haven't put them on the car as yet, still weighing up option on new rubber !

The wheels do however look stellar!

Excellent can't wait to see it.

What rims widths and offsets did you go with?

I went for 8.5/11 et50... i believe these work well with the wide body 996 setup ;)

I believe some spacers can be used to complete the 'stanced' look - but nothing I'm considering at present...

Now i need to find some rubber;)

Morning Gents,

So having bought the wheels...im onto the question of spacers and rubber....

Given I have purchased the LM's 8.5j/11j et50 - I'm thinking about spacers at 7mm/15mm to just complete the look (for the time being)

Any views? Recommendations? other things to consider?

Finally worked out how to upload an image....thanks for your help chaps. Now I'm firmly into getting some new rubber onto the wheels. Very happy with the choice of wheels.

The issue of coilers / lowering will always linger, but for the moment, i'm sticking with the stock setup! He says....

^^ very nice indeed - love the look of LM's on a 996T :envy:

:thumbs:

Morning Chaps.

A few of you have reference Bilstein PSS10 coilovers when running 19's on your respective cars.

Any reason for choosing Bilsteins? Any other suspension bits that you recommend on replacing at the same time?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back