Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 back from it's holidays - new suspension

ARP

Sent the 993 away on it's holiday to my local indie for a whole host of work including minor service, MOT, golden rod fitment, front bonnet struts, gearbox oil change, clutch rework, and fitment of Koni FSDs & Eibach springs. Just picked her up after my holidays & very pleased with the result. All credit to D & G Porsche in Newcastle, superb service & advice as always. Looking forward to getting some miles in this summer.

Looking good. Now get and drive it like you've stolen it. ;)

C.

a rare beast that, enjoy your new setup!

Lovely. That's such a great colour for a 993. :salut:

993 back from its holiday

that car is fantastic looking. love the colour, couldnt have had a lot of change out of £5000 sir

Lovely looking car ARP. Do you have any comments on the ride compared with the standard car?

Thanks for the comments.

My initial impressions are the car feels much tighter & more planted, but I have only been on dual carriageways. There was no harshness to the ride, no jarring, so my prolonged research & settling on the FSDs seems to have been the correct decision. I went around all the options a number of times. These forums proved essential reading, along with Jackal.

This work/upgrade has been on the cards for a couple of years, driven by my desire to lower the ride height slightly & replace the Monroes. I've had the parts waiting for well over 6 months so took the opportunity to get this done when I was away.

Can't wait to drive it more, get some miles in & get a proper feel for the new setup.

ARP said:
Thanks for the comments.

My initial impressions are the car feels much tighter & more planted, but I have only been on dual carriageways. There was no harshness to the ride, no jarring, so my prolonged research & settling on the FSDs seems to have been the correct decision. I went around all the options a number of times. These forums proved essential reading, along with Jackal.

This work/upgrade has been on the cards for a couple of years, driven by my desire to lower the ride height slightly & replace the Monroes. I've had the parts waiting for well over 6 months so took the opportunity to get this done when I was away.

Can't wait to drive it more, get some miles in & get a proper feel for the new setup.

Enjoy . I've got FSDs with M033 springs. I know this sounds weird but I found it took a few K miles for it to all bed in. So when you are initially on the twisties she might not feel as great to start with. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back