Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 - 2001 - Temp gauge?!

iceboy

Hi All,

Both 911's got used this weekend and I used the C2 all day Sunday.

I noticed the temp gauge on the dash did not drop to Zero when switched off and when running the car the temperature was over 120 !!

So I used the Climate control panel to check the coolant temp and this showed between 93-105 on a very very hot day in stop start traffic and spirited driving.

So what is wrong with the dash gauge?

IceBoy
:?:

Sounds like the gauge is faulty to me .

It has no power when its off so the needle will reset to its base position .. if it reads say 20 degrees then thats its base position so 120 would actually be 100 .

I suppose .. just possibly .. as a total outside chance it could be a short in the wiring but i cant even begin to figure out what it could short to thats a feed and an earth and is not a perfect earth either .. a full earth will have the gauge reading max .

Thats my guess anyways :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back