Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The best exhaust for a turbo - the definitive answer please!

Jeff Deakin said:
thejackal said:
thejackal said:
Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

Anyone have any info on the above exhaust?

$_57.JPG

Not sure if picture posted but I went for one short term as I needed to change the exhaust note. Will I keep it? Long term I will probably swap to a Kline but want to actually hear one 1st. Anyone near South Wales with a different exhaust?

Fitted mine a couple of days ago, very pleased! It doesn't drone, not too loud, car feels more aggressive and throttle response has been improved greatly. It sounds great at idle and on boost. Very happy, a lot of bang for buck.

:thumb:

thejackal said:
Jeff Deakin said:
thejackal said:
thejackal said:
Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

Anyone have any info on the above exhaust?

$_57.JPG

Not sure if picture posted but I went for one short term as I needed to change the exhaust note. Will I keep it? Long term I will probably swap to a Kline but want to actually hear one 1st. Anyone near South Wales with a different exhaust?

Fitted mine a couple of days ago, very pleased! It doesn't drone, not too loud, car feels more aggressive and throttle response has been improved greatly. It sounds great at idle and on boost. Very happy, a lot of bang for buck.

:thumb:

exst.JPG

That's is fitted.. absolutely delighted. as above, no drone, improved throttle response, lovely deep sound on idle and nice and loud on boost.
No complaints whatsoever.

Goes to show, you don't need to spend thousands, this is brilliant value, as far as bang-for-buck goes, you couldn't buy better. Exhaust was £400 (was on offer) fitting £300.. job done £700.

Highly recommended :p

:thumbs:

Very impressed with my recently fitted Carnewal GT system so far. Looks completely standard, sound is far from it.

Has that lovely air cooled bass note at idle now and some nice pops and crackles when lifting at low revs. :D

The Top Gear exhaust was amazing value for money and as The Jackal said above I'm in total agreement with him, minimal drone, sounds lovely at idle and great on boost. It is quite loud with a few pops and bangs going on.

Marek

Hope all is well

I now have a Kline on my 996t . It is very nice imho! You are welcome to come and have a listen when time permits. I would reccomend it personally?

Kline are or seem to be one fo the exhausts of choice at the moment, quality is good and no issues yet

Regards FRP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back