Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Diagnostic testers

peter roberts

Anyone got experience of the OBD2 testers going for £20-30 pounds on ebay.
I am looking for a reasonable priced one for a 996 and possibly my 928 but cannot justify spending a fortune as it will have a limited use ( and i have limited capability)

OBD2 testers will only give you emissions based generic P codes not manufacturers specific codes. This means you will miss some of the story with possible fault codes. It may give you enough information it may not. It's better than sweet Fanny Adams but it's not a dedicated tester. Doing this sort of thing for a living I have four different all makes scanners and four single make scanners. That said when carrying out diagnostic work I will normally check manufacturer specific first then OBD to give me a complete picture. Hope this is of some help. :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back