Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Little quirks of 911

gtb5

After owning 911.2C for two weeks I must say the strangest behaviours are below two:

1. To recall one-touch memory settings engine has to be off and driver's door opened, engine off is common but why driver's door needs to be opened?

2. Climate Control function is turned on automatically after engine starts even if it was off before, tried all the settings and saving routines but still the same. My friend's Audi is supposedly this way so maybe it's an euro car thing.

All the others are liveable and actually better than my previous cars. Overall feel of the car is expceptional nonetheless.

One of the annoying things I have noticed with the 911.2 very time I start the car the music starts. Would like to know how I can have the music off by default when I start up the car.

alpinaB3 said:
One of the annoying things I have noticed with the 911.2 very time I start the car the music starts. Would like to know how I can have the music off by default when I start up the car.

Long press on the volume/power button to turn the PCM off before leaving car, and it will stay off until it is turned on again by short press on the same button.

gtb5 said:
alpinaB3 said:

Long press on the volume/power button to turn the PCM off before leaving car, and it will stay off until it is turned on again by short press on the same button.

Thanks for the tip: I was going to suggest, just turn the volume down really low before you turn off the engine.

The quirk i've found is that when you stop and turn off the engine, the stereo stays on, until you open the car door... when i went in for service, i asked if they could change the setting to that it turns off when ignition turned off, but unfortunately they could not change.

Have you got memory seat control on the door? Maybe you could program the settings to it. Just a thought...

With regards the seats, individual performance settings, folding mirrors etc. I have found that if I select the option I wish to have retained and then store it in the memory it saves it.

To store it in the memory (at least on mine) I literally use the seat memory button, its a bit of a weird way of working but it seems to be the answer :)

The odd thing I've noticed is that, when using the Sat Nav, the finishing flag stays in the last location even after you have arrived! I know this allows you to return to the location with one operation but it does seem odd.
Of course, it changes when you input another location and start the route guidance.

Car Play specifically with Spotify it seems to have a bit of a funny moment when I connect it up for the first time. None of the Playlist Pictures load and although I can select a playlist and then a track it seems to hang and wont allow me to play it. If I leave it nothing else seems to happen. If I disconnect the iPhone and re plug it in miraculously the images return and the tracks play fine sometimes though not on the first attempt but perhaps the second or third.

Normally hardly worth mentioning but when everything else works so perfectly.....

My only other niggle is how long winded the creation of a multi stop tour is. Yes it works but my lord what a faff.....I normally set the route up in Google maps and then identify the Long and Lat for the way points and load into the PCM. Much easier and more accurate than Addresses and also remembering that I need to start with the destination and work back from that.....its just big time cluncky!

Does the 991.2 PCM not support send to car from Google maps? Had that on an e92 M3 in 2011!! Satnav setup made simple.

jsr2014 said:
With regards the seats, individual performance settings, folding mirrors etc. I have found that if I select the option I wish to have retained and then store it in the memory it saves it.

To store it in the memory (at least on mine) I literally use the seat memory button, its a bit of a weird way of working but it seems to be the answer :)

I do the same. There is an automatic save option on my 991.1, but that seemed to mess things up so I just make sure I use the seat memory save whenever I want a change in PCM to be permenant.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back