Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New C2 owner on-board and ecstatic.

Welcome to the 993 mad house!

It's not a fast car but it will tickle the senses in a way that few other cars can.

fast car

What do you mean it's not a fast car? I think mines a bloody fast car. Since when can't you go fast with 272bhp. Certainly fast on the Queens highways.

Sutton said:
Welcome to the 993 mad house!

It's not a fast car but it will tickle the senses in a way that few other cars can.

Yours must be broke fella as mine goes quite well. 0-60 in 5'ish secs and 160+ is certainly no slouch even by modern standards. ;)

C.

Madda - long time ;)

Welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

The C2 is bog standard other than a slightly fruitier than stock exhaust.

6 speed manual, early car. No air con.

Fastidious previous owner who has spent the last few years at the Porsche dealership replacing anything that looks tired so I am fortunate to have bought it in extremely good condition. Such a decent guy even fitted the parts that turned up at Porsche in-between me putting down a deposit and collecting it.

All I have bought so far is fuel and a super soft super stretch indoor cover from Classic Additions as they are on all my cars. Their bedding is softer than mine :)

Sutton said:
I guess I have another car that's quicker.

I wonder if your other car is quicker than one of my other cars :D

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

That's one hell of a garage...and some pics of that rocket in the background wouldn't go amiss :worship:

:thumb:

Here she is, Lotus 340r – extensively modified, 440bhp, under 700kg and still road legal.

She is actually at the detailers (where the pic was taken) for a thorough clean as sadly I am struggling for space and I going to put her up for sale.

arry said:
Madda - long time ;)

Welcome

Hey man, a bit different to the old Nissan's I used to tinker with, but hey, the love is still there for the jap cars. My 240z is still my favourite....

.....at the moment

:D

Lol. I concede that Top Trump round!

Hopefully you'll find space in a garage somewhere to park the 340r as well as your other machines.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts comparing the 993 and 340r although I appreciate it's an apples to pears exercise.

I think I would agree with the comment the 993 Carrera 2 is not a fast car when you can buy a brand new VW Golf R which would blow it to the weeds in acceleration. But a then brand new VW Golf R hardly stirs the soul with electric power steering and a DSG gearbox!

madda said:
Here she is, Lotus 340r – extensively modified, 440bhp, under 700kg and still road legal.

:worship:

You need to meet my mate Tom :grin:

madda said:
What does Tom do? :)

This:

IMG_9924_zpsuodx2ttx.jpg

And this:

And this Astra van for work too (350bhp :eek: ):

IMG_0113_zpsv4bn2ny1.jpg

Cameltoe & Heel said: