Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looks good value gen 2 turbo

Alfaian said:
maph said:
It could well be a scam ad but if I had to put money on it, I would wager it is genuine and they have just been lazy and 'borrowed' a photo of the interior. They probably has not noticed it is blue and from an S......and from a cab!

Worth a call to find out if anyone is looking, I would say it is priced about right £1K or £2K under IMO, which is another reason why it looks less like a bargain priced, too good to be true scam.

You might be right but the interior shot is from a car that was for sale at Hendon way motors.

It's not on there anymore and why would you be lazy by doing such a thing when selling a car that some people pay for a house. Bizzare imo :nooo:

I agree it is strange. The exterior photo was not exactly great but probably the best one the seller has to hand. People do not tend to take photos of the whole interior so unless they make an effort will not have one. Finding one online that looks like your is the easy/ poor option.

Due to values, if selling these cars privately you have to make an effort and good photos are essential. If the seller cannot take decent photos they should find someone that can. Unless of course they are a scammer in which case they should find better ones that match!

Could it be the seller is away from home at present - i sometimes do this?

The wording in the add just doesn't sound like a scam but then maybe they are getting clever. It's unusual that someone would sell such a special car with two photos and owners who don't think they are special wouldn't sell privately they would trade in. IMO

I wouldn't even bother to go and have a look , if it seems too good to be true ........

First glance tells you the car is a Turbo and if the ad shows a different photo of the inside .... it stinks .....AND ... why would you steal a photo from HW motors site anyway ( it was at the HWW wall though ) ... that's a definite no !

What's 'Hill Start'? Is that an actual optional extra?? What's the build code for that?

MNC911 said:
What's 'Hill Start'? Is that an actual optional extra?? What's the build code for that?

I think he's referring to this for the 997.2

All 2009 911 Carrera models, regardless of transmission, also boast Start-Off Assistant as standard. This feature allows the driver to get moving again smoothly without rolling on a hill when starting from a stop. When the driver stops on an incline and leaves the transmission in gear, the Start-Off Assistant maintains brake pressure for about two seconds after the driver lifts his foot from the brake pedal. Then the system incrementally reduces brake pressure. As soon as the driver accelerates, brake pressure is fully released.

Hardly a deal breaker :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back