Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 PDK bleeder screw slight leak?

TB

Slight leak from bleeder screw in PDK. Advised by OPC that I need a new PDK. I was able to buy a new bleeder screw ref 9G1 321 885 00. Any thoughts?

Can you supply any more info ? a picture perhaps as im unaware of a pdk bleeder screw .. drain bungs yes but i know of nothing that needs bleeding on a pdk im afraid .

See snaps of bleeder screw.
Also cutaway of pdk.

Attachments

• img_0038_152.jpg
    img_0038_152.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 13,676
  • img_0037_119.jpg
    img_0037_119.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 13,676
See location.

Attachments

• img_0037_162.jpg
    img_0037_162.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 13,618
This rings a bell and i have a horrible feeling the OPC might be correct .. i think its the gear oil bung and when it leaks there it indicates that a seal has failed inside and you are getting an oil mix of the 2 fluids .

The bung in the picture has been removed before which would lean towards someone trying to fix these previously perhaps.

Now might be a good time to try and get a warrenty .

Snaps of bleeder screw.
Any idea what it wa designed to do?
How come you can buy the part?

Attachments

• img_0069_306.jpg
    img_0069_306.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 13,520
  • img_0072_153.jpg
    img_0072_153.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 13,520
  • img_0070_323.jpg
    img_0070_323.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 13,520
Any updates here?

I had a leak from PDK about a year ago. I thought it was following a service where oil had been changed and overfilled. It occured after a very long journey.

The leak was cleaned up and no further issues were found but after another very long run I've found another leak. Can't tell exactly where it's coming from yet but this thread has certainly got me thinking.

How have thngs turned out?

I cleaned the area around the existing bleeder screw and applied sealant to the end and sides.
I checked it after two days and again after a few weeks later and there was no leak.
The PDK is working the same as when I got the car in March.
I have done about 6k miles.
See snap

[/img]

Attachments

• img_0065_125.jpg
    img_0065_125.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 13,166
OK, thanks - good to know you haven't had any more trouble.

Mine's going in for investigation on Thursday. WIll see what they know at OPC about this issue that Demort mentioned.

Not sure if I want to find out the truth.
Would like to know why the bleeder screw is available to buy if it should not be changed?
Grateful for any info from your OPC visit.

When mine did it they said it's a seal inside that leaks and the oil is just using that route to get out. I had the gearbox replaced.

They've confirmed that this is the source of my leak but don't know yet whether it is internal or external seal. They've ordered a replacement bung but have also sent photos off for review. I await news.....

Looks like there's a bit of a trend here!

Magic919 said:
When mine did it they said it's a seal inside that leaks and the oil is just using that route to get out. I had the gearbox replaced.

Sorry i lost track of this thread but the above was what i had herd through the mechanics grapevine if you like.

Not something ive come across and i have no idear what this bleeder valve is for and trust me i have searched for info on it.

From the shape then it looks like it seals two internal ports and when released would indeed act like a bleed valve but im just guessing here .

My worst assumption is it will need a gearbox .. hence my warrenty quote from much earlier im afraid .. hopefully im totally wrong though .

They suggested I could keep popping back to have it topped up. I didn't fancy that and had the box replaced.

Demort said:
Magic919 said:

Sorry i lost track of this thread but the above was what i had herd through the mechanics grapevine if you like.

Not something ive come across and i have no idear what this bleeder valve is for and trust me i have searched for info on it.

From the shape then it looks like it seals two internal ports and when released would indeed act like a bleed valve but im just guessing here .

My worst assumption is it will need a gearbox .. hence my warrenty quote from much earlier im afraid .. hopefully im totally wrong though .

Thanks Demort.

Ive got warranty, fortunately....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back