Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 crash in the papers

£80k 996....??

Only 18 ever made....??

Osh

£80k really

18 made. Double really

Wrecked. Not nearly really

Whoooop!!! Mine must be worth a fortune!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Good to see the crash protection worked though.

Where did they get these figures from though? Even the new price is a bit of a stretch - Mine, with similar options (from what I can see) was £72,500-ish new.

19 ever made? On that day? What??? :?:

I never knew IMS and bore scoring has decimated the population of 996 Carrera 4 Cabrios so there are only 19 left. Reminds me of the quote from Absolutely Fabulous "It's a limited edition, it's one of a million copies!" I also realise things are more expensive up North at £80,000 for the gold plated limited edition 996? I'm not sure if its a write off though. I'd be upset too if it happened to me.

I'd say that wasn't far off 80k new. Did the hardtop come as standard on the gen II? There'd bew a few k there. Add on a few extras and 80k is achievable.

Also the Gen II C4 was less of a seller than the C4S so not many around (more than 19 though). Could possibly have the X51 power pack, which if so would easily be that price and one of 19 made in Gen II C4 format.

Shame he's hidden the reg.

alex yates said:
I'd say that wasn't far off 80k new. Did the hardtop come as standard on the gen II? There'd be a few k there. Add on a few extras and 80k is achievable.

Also the Gen II C4 was less of a seller than the C4S so not many around (more than 19 though). Could possibly have the X51 power pack, which if so would easily be that price and one of 19 made in Gen II C4 format..

According to How Many Left - there are / were approximately 300 911 C4 Cabriolets registered.
The roof was standard with the 996.2
The one in the story is a 2003 model... I do like his seats though!

DerbyJim said:
996 cab 'one of only 19 made' apparently ......

Either the owner or Adrian Streather is 7,136 out in their quoted figures.

I know which seems most likely to me. :chin:

Shame that I have just sold my 996 Turbo with Metropole blue interior - those seats look quite nice!

As Parr motorsport swoop in for a bargain on the private plate Ursa rubs his hands together as his 996 increases over so slightly in value with one less 996 on the road.

On a serious note, sorry for his loss and glad both drivers managed to walk away.

Osh said:
£80k 996....??

Only 18 ever made....??

Osh

they edited the original story to change 18 to 19 !

the times we live in

I am doing it all wrong !!

tell you what, when this car appears on Copart there will be a bidding war now it's a limited edition that's been on the national news

As expected from the Daily Fail it's all bullshite! Owner has come forward with his side of events...

Attachments

• screenshot_2017_06_13_222702_790.png
    screenshot_2017_06_13_222702_790.png
    840.6 KB · Views: 6,475

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back