Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noisy Widow Blades Front And Rear ???? Aghhhhh !!!

GrahamSneddon said:
declandio said:
Pretty sure the offside one from the factory is 21" anyway... loads of sites seem to say it's 22" when you enter the make/model of the car, but I think they're wrong. If you look at the Bosch 'custom fit' ones that are made for a 997/7 (and a few Audi's), the drivers side is 22" and the offside is 21".

If you look on page 1 you'll see that I posted the Bosch part numbers for the front blades, 21" Passenger, 22" drivers and the rear on a screen shot.

Bosch 582S front set :-

This Bosch wiper blade set is designed specifically for the Audi A6 & A8 and the Porsche 911 and consists of a 22" Spoiler and 21" Curved wiper blade. Bosch 'Twin' windscreen wipers have an internal tensioning strip for optimum screen contact. The blades are constructed with dual rubber ensuring that they continue to clean effectively for longer. The soft rubber spine enables effective flip over function whilst the hard rubber edge ensures smear free wiping. Each blade comes pre-mounted with Bosch's unique 'Quick-Clip' adapter so they can be fitted to a vehicle in a matter of seconds.

Graham, that will teach me to quick read the thread and then trust the PIAA site to be correct :frustrated: :? thanks for the guidance to both you and declandio. I will return tomorrow and get 21" super sporza for the passenger side and that will also explain how the left handers will be sorted. :thumb: :thumbs:

Interesting! My blades are Porsche originals that the OPC fitted last summer. They both measure 21.5", the driver side blade which has the spoiler is straight, the passenger side has quite a curve on it as Phil says. I can see why there are issues with blades that are both 22" and straight.

I cleaned my screen and blades with Barman's Friend as per Declandio's tip and got it off and finished with rain-x. Need some rain to see what that has done. Nothing like faffing around with the P&J at the end of a week of toil to get into the weekend eh :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Interesting! My blades are Porsche originals that the OPC fitted last summer. They both measure 21.5", the driver side blade which has the spoiler is straight, the passenger side has quite a curve on it as Phil says. I can see why there are issues with blades that are both 22" and the passenger not having the curve on it.

I cleaned my screen and blades with Barman's Friend as per Declandio's tip and got it off and finished with rain-x. Need some rain to see what that has done. Nothing like faffing around with the P&J at the end of a week of toil to get into the weekend eh :thumb:

Oh no don't bring 21.5" to the party as well. Was the barman's friend helpful I had to get the guy in the shop to do mine as I don't have any mates who work in pubs :wink: :grin:

Drivers side PIAA 12s Super Sporza Silicon wiper
Passenger PIAA 12c Curved wiper blade
Both stated as 22" is what I have.
barcodes on packaging 130920A drivers 090717A passenger
Hope that clears it up.

stucart said:
Drivers side PIAA 12s Super Sporza Silicon wiper
Passenger PIAA 12c Curved wiper blade
Both stated as 22" is what I have.
barcodes on packaging 130920A drivers 090717A passenger
Hope that clears it up.

Hi Stu, the drivers one is what I fitted, but the passenger one did you use super silicon or Si Tech Flat as I can't find on their site one called a curved wiper blade but the Si Tech Flat does looked curved despite being called flat :? :?: :dont know: and also visually the super silicon with its bright branded logo looks different to the super sporza and the Si tech flat has no frame so looks very different to the others but they only show the three types available. :help: :chin: :bonk:

Fitting new wipers day 2
Went back to my local supplier the guy I DEALT WITH YESTERDAY HAD TAKEN A WEEKS HOLIDAY I hope that wasn't to recover from my visit :grin: any way told them I wanted to try 21" super sporza on the passenger side it didn't touch the scuttle but was close but a very slight side ways bend put it well clear with out damaging the blade ,but you do need to just go careful and only a slight bend on the bottom third, the top was still lifted off the windscreen but only by about half an inch so a similar to yesterday bend was applied at the end and that sorted it. The upside is I now have a wing to stop lift at speed and to aid the effectiveness of the wiper on both sides not just the drivers side as with the OEM ones, so aesthetically it looks nicer and in theory should wipe better plus the benefit of the silicon wiper making the rain bead better. So just waiting for some rain to test them out. :grin: :thumb:
Thanks to you guys for your suggestions as I have how got the product I wanted. :thumbs: :thumb:

Phil ...

So 7 months on..has it rained enough in sunny Bournemouth for you to fully test your set up ? 22" driver + 21" passenger side :?: :grin:

Seeing the forecast for Friday and Saturday reminds me I need to lose the noisy wipers

I see "Motabitz" is a PIAA stockist . So thinking I will pick some up from the ferndown branch as I'm down there tomorrow for the curry !

Also a thing to remember, if you ever use RainX on your windscreen, you either need to reapply or get rid of it completely as this will also cause chatter during its mid phase of the product life.

Before you go down the expense of new blades I'd suggest you clean the wiper blades with methylated spirit on a tissue or clear vinegar on a tissue.

Ser the amount of black grime that comes off.

Use the same for the windscreen.

You'll find the chattering has disappeared (I did).

Repeat few week ir any time it re-occurs.

You'll reach a point where it no longer does the trick. That's time to fit new wiper blades. I had new blades fitted after two years of this procedure. But mine are OPC fitted during its service this year. They fit great, no issues about straight or curved, no issues about maintaining contact with the glass during the entire sweep one side to the other.

askgeez said:
Phil ...

So 7 months on..has it rained enough in sunny Bournemouth for you to fully test your set up ? 22" driver + 21" passenger side :?: :grin:

Seeing the forecast for Friday and Saturday reminds me I need to lose the noisy wipers

I see "Motabitz" is a PIAA stockist . So thinking I will pick some up from the ferndown branch as I'm down there tomorrow for the curry !

Mate, they are great wipers very pleased with how they work my only observation is a small amount of corrosion to the handle right next to the rotating rivet which I wouldn't have expected after only the summer, I do intend to take them back to motabitz and see what they think they might actually replace them.

If you still want to replace yours,what time are you getting down here on Fri we could maybe go to motabitz together . :thumb:

Just resurrecting this thread :lol:

I've had the juddering/chattering on new bosch wiper blades. I did hope new wiper blades would solve the problem..but it didn't.

I am on the original windscreen, so its showing 9 years of weathering. Wondered if that was the cause - then i find this thread :lol:

Might try the wipers, but i'm interested to see if the mechanism has excessive play in the linkages. There's a "repair kit" Listed on https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=3192&MAK=3&MDL=27&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

I wondered if that was new bushings/bearings but can't find any info.

Poor wiper blades and wear on the linkage bearings would cause juddering in my opinion.

Thoughts?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back