Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Left for a week and now wont unlock!

mun802

Silverstone
Hi Guys,
As per heading , I left car on trickle charge for a week and now it wont unlock with either key fob despite changing batteries in both. Drivers door will unlock manually with key and car will start but central locking and alarm no longer works.
Any thought appreciated.

Thanks

mun802 said:
Hi Guys,
As per heading , I left car on trickle charge for a week and now it wont unlock with either key fob despite changing batteries in both. Drivers door will unlock manually with key and car will start but central locking and alarm no longer works.
Any thought appreciated.

Thanks

This happen on my 997 in the end it was the central locking unit in the passenger door [it's Volkswagen]
Also did you use the door handle first to wake up the system has it goes to sleep [997] and then use the fob.Hope this helps .

Sounds a bit like 'sleep mode'. Have you tried opening the door manually, and when the door is open and/or with the key in the lock try unlocking it with the fob. The thing is I would have expected the car to wake up after opening the door or starting it, worth a try I guess.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think ive tried a combination of some/ All of these albeit withot knowing but I'll try a more methodical appoach as has been suggested tonight.

Mine did the same on Saturday. Unlock driver's door with the key, put key in ignition and turn on (just so the dashboard lights come up), then take the key out and zap, car should unlock properly.

Isn't this a battery saving feature? As mentioned by others using the key manually will unlock the door. Just make sure you put the key in the ignition with 5 seconds or so to stop the alarm going off.

If memory serves this is in the manual.

sackerley said:
Isn't this a battery saving feature? As mentioned by others using the key manually will unlock the door. Just make sure you put the key in the ignition with 5 seconds or so to stop the alarm going off.

Thats exactly what I did but the remote fob (BOTH) no longer seem to have any functionality.

sackerley said:

Hmm interesting - I went on holiday for a week and expected the car to go to sleep while I was away. When I got back, sure enough the remote fob wouldn't unlock the doors - I was expecting that as I had read the manual.

However as soon as I unlocked the door manually and opened it, the alarm went off - so no 10 seconds delay.

Why would that be? Putting the key in the ignition and turning it to position 1 stopped the alarm, but I don't know why I didn't get the 10 seconds grace.

Mine goes to sleep after about 5 days. After that it won't unlock with the remote. If I then unlock and immediately lock the car again with the key in the lock, the remote works again.

Mine goes to sleep after about 5 days. After that it won't unlock with the remote. If I then unlock and immediately lock the car again with the key in the lock, the remote works again.

stirling said:

This is exactly what mine does and what I do. If I unlock with the key and open the door, the alarm goes off immediately...

Sounds similar to what's happened with mine.

Went away for a week and when I came back to the car the key fob no longer works. All methods to awaken the system failed other then opening the door with the key and turning the ign on before 15sec expires and the alarm goes off.

Interesting thing is I suspected the key fob went duff and replaced the battery (although it illumined the red light when pressed) but that didn't solve it so
I sent the key fob off for repair to be told that they tested it and the signal was all good and it's working well.

This leaves me to think there's an issue with the micro switch in the door handle that gives the alarm ECU signal to wake up but I've yet to confirm this as I thought also turning the ign on and pressing unlock on the key fob also awakens the alarm which on mine doesn't work either.

Interested to hear your findings.

Ultimately I will have to put it into the dealer or Indy with the diagnostics to confirm what the issue is (my Durametric won't communicate with the alarm)

Good luck with it

:thumb:

mun802 said:
Hi Guys,
Any thought appreciated.

Thanks

Take it out for drive then try locking and unlocking it.

After 5 days the alarm goes into sleep mode

you then open the car with the key in the door key hole and then put the key in the ignition and turn it to position 1 with 15 seconds or the alarm goes off.

You can then use the remote as normal.

If you have problems with a key remember you can resynchronise the key by putting the key in the ignition and holding the lock button for 30 seconds to resynchronise the key

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back