Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4S rattles again..

Martian said:
SL Restorations? Any reason why you chose them? I know they're Porsche approved, but I had a PU resprayed by them and it wasn't what I would call great quality! :x

Maybe my PU was a POETS Day job! It was rectified by a local, trusted and 'non-approved' bodyshop.

Being Porsche approved is one reason but I looked at several and the way these people work gave me more confidence than the others I looked, anyway if it is not right they will do it again until it is.

As for the rattle, I am wondering if temperature may have something to do with it because yesterday was cooler so it didn'tshow itself.

The rattles, creaks experienced so far have been the handrake, the sunroof, passenger seat, rear interior trim, instrument cluster. I'm sure the car has the DNA of a 1970's Austin Aggro in there somewhere.

Demort is a top chap. :worship:

I did this yesterday. As described above I had a vibration noise where the cup holder is on the lhs but I wasn't convinced it was actually the cup holder.

I remembered a post on here ages ago about this.

Pry the plastic end panel from the end of the dash and there is an electrical connector which I think was vibrating against the plastic.

I wrapped it in some fabric wiring loom tape and then use a self adhesive connector to stick it inside the dash so it can't move anymore.

Annoying noise gone!

IMG_20170610_113734760_HDR_zpsgsojdkt1.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back