Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rough running and CEL

So I finally got around to removing the dual cone intake and turbo wing yesterday and put the standard airbox and deck lid back on to see if it was this causing all my problems! Hey presto... all seems good again! I went for a good drive yesterday and the engine is running sweet and so far no CELs!

For some background, after fitting the dual cone intake I have had running problems and CELs for over rich running and misfires, although this did settle down after a while, initially just rough idling, a bit of a flat spot at around 3000 rpm but the engine would pull strongly past 5000 rpm, probably better than before!

I had a full Hartech engine rebuild in April, initially the engine ran as before but after a few weeks I started to be CELs again and the engine would intermittently run quite rough, I got some misfire codes on cylinders 1 and 4 and the over Rich fault code permanently, the flat spot at 3000 rpm developed into almost an on off stutter, like the engine would cut out, strangely this was only when accelerating in top gear! This seemed to be getting progressively worse and I was concerned that something else was complicating the issue. Power seemed to be down too! The only other difference since the rebuild is that I had new sports headers fitted when the engine went back together!

Assuming all is well and I don't get any more CELs, I am now in a dilemma whether a remap would sort out the running issues with the dual cone intake fitted or if there is something fundamentally wrong with set up!

I had disconnected the battery before putting the standard airbox back on to reset the ECU, it seemed to adapt straight away, idling and running perfectly!

May have to find a different solution if I want to put the turbo wing back on!!

Great news rob :thumb: thought it would be the dual cone sh!te filters :grin:

Leave them off or start a fire with them is my advice. Oh and don't bother mapping it either.

It's sorted so just enjoy it now you've got a bomb proof engine :)

At 355 bhp standard and what you might get won't be noticeable unless you go for the whole intake (x51) pack. That's a fortune for 26 bhp :nooo:

Curiously, why can't you fit the turbo wing as she is ?

Alfaian said:

Dual air intake snorkels on the deck lid, so cold feeds, pipes and filters are problematic.

jonno_ said:
Alfaian said:

Dual air intake snorkels on the deck lid, so cold feeds, pipes and filters are problematic.

I see and thanks.

Personally, I like the rear standard spoiler that lifts up and down. Something old school Porsche about it 8)

Could always sell it and put a fixed aero kit wing on it. Although rob has spent a fortune getting the engine sorted :sad:

Alfaian said:
jonno_ said:
Alfaian said:

I see and thanks.

Personally, I like the rear standard spoiler that lifts up and down. Something old school Porsche about it 8)

Could always sell it and put a fixed aero kit wing on it. Although rob has spent a fortune getting the engine sorted :sad:

Also the hydraulic rams and the fan would hit the airbox! The only reason for remapping would be to sort out the running issues, if it came with a few more Bhp then that would be great!

I do like the standard decklid myself, but I like wings too :D originally I was going for the turbo wing with a GT3 front, might have to re-think! Possibly sell the turbo wing and go aerokit :dont know:

I see there is a cracked turbo wing on eBay at the moment for £3k :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back