Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 CAT Driver Training

Thanks Sutton, message & payment safely received.

Rhino-man - you are not able to drive on the circuits without your coach sat alongside you. The group days, which this is, gives the 100 mins approx. driving time across the day. Individual 1-2-1 days give either 3 hours or 6 hours driving time, depending on the course chosen.

KR
Jo

Saturday 10th June
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth - Paid in Full
2. Sutton - Paid in Full
3. SecondWind - Paid in Full
4. Harryk - Deposit Paid
5. Dream911 - Deposit Paid
6. Tyinsky - Paid in Full

Reserves
1. Outliar

Interested in Another Date
1. NeilShar22
2. Outliar

CATDT said:
Thanks Sutton, message & payment safely received.

Rhino-man - you are not able to drive on the circuits without your coach sat alongside you. The group days, which this is, gives the 100 mins approx. driving time across the day. Individual 1-2-1 days give either 3 hours or 6 hours driving time, depending on the course chosen.

KR
Jo

Saturday 10th June
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth - Paid in Full
2. Sutton - Paid in Full
3. SecondWind - Paid in Full
4. Harryk - Deposit Paid
5. Dream911 - Deposit Paid
6. Tyinsky - Paid in Full

Reserves
1. Outliar

Interested in Another Date
1. NeilShar22
2. Outliar

Jo, prompted by your message above, and after looking at your website, I think I'd rather do the 1 on 1 instruction as I fancy a bit more car time and tend to enjoy a more intense approach. I'll get in touch via PM when I've figured out dates.
Thanks,
Tom

Outliar said:
Jo, prompted by your message above, and after looking at your website, I think I'd rather do the 1 on 1 instruction as I fancy a bit more car time and tend to enjoy a more intense approach. I'll get in touch via PM when I've figured out dates.
Thanks,
Tom

Understood Tom .. hear from you when you're ready ... FYI we're booking into May now as March & April are 99% fully booked. Bear that in mind when you're looking/thinking about dates.

KR
Jo

Thanks Jo will bear that in mind
Tom

What are people doing about Insurance for tomorrow?

Classicline seemed to think as it wasn't organised directly through ARDS they wouldn't cover it.

Any suggestions before I ring Competition Car Insurance, part of Towergate as referred to on the CAT website. UPDATE: I rang Competition Car Insurance and they no longer offer cover for a single day.

Further Update: It looks like self Insurance in the best approach.

You can never say never, but Health & Safety is our highest priority. 4200 clients in 13 years = zero incidents at Millbrook in client vehicles.

Colin or Paul will be sat alongside you when you are taking your turn through the exercises & looking out for their safety as well as your own :)

Some clients take out Insurance, others don't. Whatever gives you peace of mind. Ryan Motorsport will provide quotes for cover at Millbrook if you wish to enquire.

Weather is looking favourable: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652087

See you at the Security gate x 08:15 tomorrow.

KR
Jo

Hello everyone - very much looking forward to our day with CAT Training tomorrow.

I'm going to collect my car from Jaz this afternoon where it has been checked over and serviced, etc in readiness, then driving up to the Best Western Moore Place Hotel near Millbrook.

I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow (or tonight for a beer in the bar if you are staying at the same place).

On the issue of Insurance, I looked into this in some detail and concluded that "self Insurance" is the only sensible way to go. That and a light(er) right foot.

Thanks Jo. That's very helpful to know.

Secondwind - It seems a few of us are staying at the Best Western. I`m not going to get away from London until around 9pm this evening but happy to meet others tomorrow morning before setting off down the road to Millbrook.

It should be a really enjoyable experience tomorrow. Colin and I suspect, Paul, are great tutors. I've learned to listen to Colin and others which in turn helped me understand what the car was saying to me, and then to react accordingly.

I'm looking forward to it and also with meeting you.

If tomorrow is like other CAT days I've been to, initial training will be on wide open areas so self Insurance shouldn't be an issue.

I've got a bit of a long night to get there: fly in from Belfast tonight, head to collect the car from Reading, and then drive up to Luton!

Very much looking forward to it though, and meeting up with fellow 993'ers. :thumbs:

Bloody hell Harryk, that's a fair old trek.

Gotta love the size of the car park spaces at Best Western.

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at CAT: it was a great day out last Saturday, enjoyable and informative in equal measure.

We had a really nice group too, was lovely to meet you all and admire your cars. Hopefully I'll get over to a meet and our paths will cross again.

Would highly recommend CAT to any enthusiast!!!

Hi All

What a lovely bunch you are :D

Apologies for my tardy feedback ... been out of the office till today.

Harry ... hope your wife was very happy with her chocolates :thumb:

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Liz x Driver of the Day
Tyinsky x Fastest Time of the Day

Your picture is up on the hall of fame here:

& Liz, newly created 8) league table

Tyinsky your time was just outside of the top 10 ... you'll have to come back :grin: How was the champas on the terrace?

We all REALLY enjoyed your company - thank you.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Millbrook in the future.

KR
Jo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back