Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so fantastic plastic

I'm going off them :bandit:

........ anyway you are soon to be a "kettle boyo" ........ by all accounts ....... ;)

Replaced the sunroof deflector hinge today in about 5 minutes. I love the fact that so many things can be taken apart with nothing more than a Philips screwdriver.

Kat1 said:
cableguy said:
Fuchs said:
Fan shroud thingy - mine has just disintegrated!

Ditto if that's the black rubber shroud on top and slightly behind the top of the fan. Mine started with a split and soon became a hole on Friday.

C.

Mine also gave up this week - obtained a new one within the week and it is easily fitted.

I had exactly the same week before last. One day fine, next day big hole.

I find it fascinating that a company, can manufacture a component in the thousands and that 20 or so years later at least four of these components, fitted in different cars, used in different ways, can fail in the same manor within a relatively short time frame.

It is also great that we can obtain replacement parts easily for vehicles of this age.

Kat1 said:
I find it fascinating that a company, can manufacture a component in the thousands and that 20 or so years later at least four of these components, fitted in different cars, used in different ways, can fail in the same manor within a relatively short time frame.

Which is exactly why I said "I'm sure most 20yr old cars are having the same issues".

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back