Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New member intro

First I want to get the car to a nice a super tidy condition, get rid of the roof antenna, fix what's broken and then will start thinking about some subtle mods. Want the car to look stock or any changes to be reversible.

I am planning on putting new suspension - need to research this; want it lower but comfortable for UK roads (won't be tracking it)
Different wheels thinking of Kerscher 3 piece http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/index.php?id=20
Maybe change mirrors
new audio - Porsche classic
Sports rotors after brake calliper rebuild
Lumetechnic led lights

That's about it just keep it nice and tidy and see where it takes me!

If your handy with the spanners most of that list can be sorted no problem, it's all the usual stuff! I think I've done most of that to mine!
Just a thought and it can be hard but don't stress about oil leaks, chances are you will always have one from somewhere, there's a lot of rubber seals and gaskets and these engines run really really hot. Leaks are totally normal.
Once you change your dizzy caps, belt and rotor arms and give the ISV a clean with carb cleaner she'll run like a dream :thumb:
I remember when I bought mine and drove it home I heard that many strange noises and got that paranoid I actually regretted buying it! Now I would never sell her!

Hi all,
I thought I'd give you abut of an update where things are with my stock but a bit forgotten over the years C4.
I have had a big service done by RPM shortly after getting the car - this was mainly to safely drive the car to Poland where I have friendly OPC and good price on labour for classic car restoration.
The car is currently being worked on and here is the short list of things being looked at:
1. Complete ovhaul of braking system, rebuild calippers- back to original black paint
2. New pads and rotors - went aftermarket ferrodo pads and Zimmerman sportrotors
3. New suspension KWV3 all round with camber plates
4. Back to Cup 1 wheels (unfortunately these are replicas) with new rubber
5. New back light unit (ouch so expensive)
6. New poliutherane bushes
7. Antenna delete (bung for now- will weld it once a repaint will be required)
8. Interior:
8. I now have a working A/C!
9. Porsche classic radio new speakers back to original rear speaker covers
10. New rear shelf - now question - rebuilding shelf due to old speakers being removed - do I go for rear wiper delete? (Not intending buying new rear screen so would have to be a bung) but rear shelf will be reupholstered.
11. Various bits and bobs electrics fixed, old alarm removed
12. Full refurb of interior leathers and exterior paint, removing dents where possible.
13. Exhaust. I do have a rotten muffler cover so this has to be replaced/rebuild. I'm now wondering Do I go with cup pipe and stock cat or swap for sport cat? I don't want it too noisy but I could do with a bit more character and a wee bit more power. Opinions? Experiences?

Pictures of arches and underside to follow!

Pics

Attachments

• img_2341_317.jpg
    img_2341_317.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 10,749
  • img_2342_111.jpg
    img_2342_111.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 10,749
  • img_2343_167.jpg
    img_2343_167.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 10,749
Few more pics of undercarriage parts getting renovated

Attachments

• img_2380_193.jpg
    img_2380_193.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 10,397
  • img_2381_123.jpg
    img_2381_123.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 10,397
  • img_2382_166.jpg
    img_2382_166.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 10,397
  • img_2432_139.jpg
    img_2432_139.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 10,397
  • img_2433_214.jpg
    img_2433_214.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 10,397
Wow! You're really getting into this :worship:

Cheers,
Paul

Nice car Pavlon,

LHD is the way to go, no silly pedal offset to worry about.

Your rebuild looks good, look forward to more details.

Cheers, Keith.

Hello Pavlon,

Just catching up on some thread reading on here and came across yours. Nice car you have there and good enthusiasm to improve.

Welcome to the forum

Steve

Geat looking car and going to be even better when finished :thumbs:

Piecem are being put back togheter. Next comes KW suspension and interior refresh.
Next year plan to pain the roof (weld the spot after roof antenna will be removed) and fox a bit of bubbling bottom of rear screen (maybe replace for non wiper one as now I will have somewhat ugly bung)

Attachments

• img_2473_163.jpg
    img_2473_163.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 5,141
  • img_2477_854.jpg
    img_2477_854.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 5,141
  • img_2476_178.jpg
    img_2476_178.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 5,141
  • img_2479_158.jpg
    img_2479_158.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 5,141
  • img_2480_426.jpg
    img_2480_426.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 5,141
Well someone's been busy :grin:
Lots of attention to detail, you truly belong here with us nut jobs :puh:

1. Fully rebuilt breaks and KW!! will be setting this up next week.
2. All speakers replaced. Classic Porsche radio fitted. Happy I managed to source original grills and covering old speaker holes presented an opportunity to get rid of the rear wiper :)

Attachments

• img_2517_524.jpg
    img_2517_524.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 4,969
  • img_2518_155.jpg
    img_2518_155.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 4,969
  • img_2530_803.jpg
    img_2530_803.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 4,969
Just picking up on your thread OP.

You're certainly on your way to near full restoration and a keeper. I can't fault your attention to detail, persistence & patience.

An inspiration to all of how these vehicles should be taken care of. Combined with a message of how they should not be kept, as per the condition you bought the vehicle.

Hope you keep posting a many more diaries with more pictures to demonstrate how they should be cared for. Not just keep putting the key in, turning the engine over and hoping it passes an MOT once a year.

You've got the right attitude to owning a vehicle of that era.

:thumb:

Pavlon said:
1. Fully rebuilt breaks and KW!! will be setting this up next week.
2. All speakers replaced. Classic Porsche radio fitted. Happy I managed to source original grills and covering old speaker holes presented an opportunity to get rid of the rear wiper :)

What Speaker's did you Fit Front & Rear Please? in the process of doing the same myself,just looking for idea's i've been offered Alpine Speaker but not Heard them :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back