Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Take 3: 996.1 C4: Update June 2017 - SOLD

Marky911 said:
Just Wow. :worship:

I think yours is the same colour as mine? Schwartz metallic L744?
If so I have something to aim when I finally get around to detailing and sorting the cosmetics.

That looks like a superb job. Bloody clever those detailers. I dabble and do an 80% good job maybe. But that last 20% is a fine art.

Anyway that is awesome. :thumb:

Thank you- Tom at TK is the best in the business.

In more embarrassing news, I always assumed the car was Basalt because that is what it says on one of the previous owners sales invoices in the cars history file! Quick look at the codes from the sticker under the bonnet you are right- it is Schwartz... I'll change the advert!

This is stunning - good luck with the sale. Makes me want to respray my Schwartz black C2 so it looks as good. Be good to see this at Beaulieu, for the money it's a bargain, it won't hang around long - you should put a sign in a window when you're there with that many enthusiasts around

Lovely motor :thumb:

James.hunter1985 said:
This is stunning - good luck with the sale. Makes me want to respray my Schwartz black C2 so it looks as good. Be good to see this at Beaulieu, for the money it's a bargain, it won't hang around long - you should put a sign in a window when you're there with that many enthusiasts around

Lovely motor :thumb:

Thank you!

I will be putting some signs on the car, and also bring the history file along so that anybody interested can learn about the car

Sorry, more image spamming. Some more pics from when i picked it up this morning- no filters on these images, promise! Looks unreal, and so it should- Tom told me that a pot of bespoke M&K wax he applied to this car (shown in funky vase in previous posts) is £10k :eek:

35065995905_57aea80914_b.jpg

35065995965_3480281554_b.jpg

34934627171_8633b96bbb_b.jpg

34678352040_036b51277f_b.jpg

34254949473_dc7f2b14eb_b.jpg

Getting the history file tidied up:

35025863006_0b0323384a_b.jpg

34222374574_ddd055283d_b.jpg

Be strong, Big25. It has to go....

Great day yesterday, except for the sunburn. :eh!:

34710809130_5607bec697_b.jpg

34253795854_1e36475b3f_b.jpg

34253795724_729d74b953_b.jpg

(note Mrs25 hovering on barriers to ensure that I'm actually trying to sell!)
34710808340_14acf82f4b_b.jpg

Car had some really nice complements which makes this more difficult, but had firm interest, so hopeful of deal being completed this week. Sorry about the delay as have had a busy day, but i've now replied to the PMs from a couple of you :thumb:

Car looks fantastic - as you state, Mrs25 is clearly 'on point' for potential buyers - just hope that the guy wandering around in his underpants (over your left wing mirror) isn't a potential buyer - it would lower the tone for Porsche ownership in general if feel :floor:

It was good to meet you on Sunday , and anyone looking at the car will get a bargain , not many around that clean.

Good luck with the sale

here are a couple more pics from the weekend

Attachments

• img_0556_164.jpg
    img_0556_164.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 5,842
  • img_0557_118.jpg
    img_0557_118.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5,842
  • img_0555_437.jpg
    img_0555_437.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 5,842
955matt said:
It was good to meet you on Sunday , and anyone looking at the car will get a bargain , not many around that clean.

Good luck with the sale

here are a couple more pics from the weekend

Thanks, that's really kind. Must admit I kept wishing it was the same colour as yours-along with Guards that is my favourite colour on a 996!

You're also a far better photographer than me- any chance of getting those last two photos in their original format?

Put on pistonheads last night and had 5 calls today- Didn't think I'd get that today of all days- and offer provisionally accepted. All being well car will be on its way to a new owner next week after service at Northway.

Mrsbig25 very happy but I feel sick.

If the new owner is on the fence with the looks of the ducktail tell him I'd be interested in a exchange for mine :thumb:
And I knew this wouldn't hang around long :thumb:

996lee said:
If the new owner is on the fence with the looks of the ducktail tell him I'd be interested in a exchange for mine :thumb:
And I knew this wouldn't hang around long :thumb:

I'll let him know!

Well, the time has come, she'll be off to a new home in Yorkshire on Friday. Took her to Northway today to get a service done for new owner. Parked next to this bit of loveliness:

35251461816_4afe500cba_b.jpg

No advisories whatsoever, so the new owner should have a pain free introduction to Porsche ownership.

Not sure if its just this car, or more likely a growing appreciation for early 996's in general (there is a 24 page thread on PH discussing them), but the demand for these seems strong, and mine is the 'less desirable' C4 with Savannah! In the end I had 20 phone/email enquiries in 5 days from the pistonheads ad alone, plus some interest from Beaulieu and members here, with 5 people asking for first refusal if the sale fell through.

I got pretty much my asking price so based on the level of interest I have a sneaking suspicion I let this go too cheaply! so, take note all early 996 owners- don't let them go for peanuts!

Great result! I'm sure the next owner will love it.

Good luck with your kitchen etc and I hope you get back into somemore Pork eventually. :thumb:

Gone!

*Sorry about poor quality!

Gutted, but new owner is a really nice guy who will look after it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back