Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

Norfolk & Idea said:
Ah well, I'll have to keep slumming it in my turbo. It's faster anyway.... Bitter? Moi?

This may sound a little nuts but I may be interested in a Gen 2 turbo / 991 GT3 trade of some kind. As much as I love my GT3, I do wish I could use it daily. Got an M5 for that at mo....

Speedtrap said:
Build slot for mine is December 17 (strange date). Really hard getting one as there is a strict criteria on who gets a GT3. You must have bought two or three GT's from a dealership before they would even consider giving you a slot.

That's from a UK OPC I assume given your location is London ? That's the latest build slot I have read about being confirmed. I a hopefully due to get a 2018 build slot so am keeping an eye on this with some interest !

Speedtrap said:
Build slot for mine is December 17 (strange date). Really hard getting one as there is a strict criteria on who gets a GT3. You must have bought two or three GT's from a dealership before they would even consider giving you a slot.

Porsche Retail gave an early slot to the nice guy who runs Omologato watches, who has never had a new 911 or Gt3 before.

Others we hear are being pressured into buying Turbo S's etc before even being considered ....

Anyone hoping for a PTS slot in the UK is going to be disappointed...no PTS cars coming to the UK. Sounds like Porsche GB policy. No idea why but gutted as I really wanted to go PTS!

'Who's getting one?'

Shmee150 has just been allocated one!

ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Amazing isn't it? The guy has never owned a 911 and he gets one.

apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

It's from a European OPC apparently.

Also it's the way of the world now whether its handbags or cars....people that have a social media presence get things others can't.

Ford publicly stated that the criteria for an allocation for the new GT included among other things social media activity.

Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Also it's the way of the world now whether its handbags or cars....people that have a social media presence get things others can't.

Ford publicly stated that the criteria for an allocation for the new GT included among other things social media activity.

It's a shame 6000 posts on 911uk doesn't count :floor:

Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

...You're Roro 150....here's your car.....

nick w said:
Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Oh!

You're buying me a new GT3?? Thanks Uncle Nick!! :wink:

Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Oh!

Not a problem !....I'll get it built in your fav colour 'RB'...😜

nick w said:
Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Oh!

I was just on the configurator, and they aren't doing Riviera anymore :?:

They do Miami blue instead which doesn't look anywhere near as good. Why did they do that I wonder... I'm sure you must still be able to get whatever colour you want though for double the price or something?

Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Oh!

They do Miami blue instead which doesn't look anywhere near as good. Why did they do that I wonder... I'm sure you must still be able to get whatever colour you want though for double the price or something?

TBH the full PTS window should be open by now, maybe it's off the agenda ?

nick w said:
Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
nick w said:
Roro said:
Cheib said:
apollokre1d said:
ELA said:
'Who's getting one?'

Oh!

TBH the full PTS window should be open by now, maybe it's off the agenda ?

I'm surprised I always thought Rivi was a classic Porsche colour - clearly it was just me that thought that then :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back