Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 VS 996 test drive!

jack.pe

Monza
So.. I managed to drive both these cars back to back. It was fantastic fun. Had never driven a 993 before and it was very familiar as I have a 964.. just feels a little more polished! I'm sure many of you will be familiar with this particular 993!

Nice on Jack :thumb: Good to see the Clinch living the dream. Was Stuttgartmetal in charge of Tony's wardrobe :what:

Really enjoyed that. Thanks to all for making that film. Very well produced too.

How you described the 993 is exactly how my car was when I first got it.

After a trip to Centre Gravity and some subtle mild front end tweaking, I found a complete transformation. Tiny bit of toe in and slight lowering at the front now means the front end feels totally planted both in a straight line at high speed and when cornering... gives you confidence at higher speeds and it feels like it matches the rear end for stability and that feeling of confidence.

Zingari said:
Nice on Jack :thumb: Good to see the Clinch living the dream. Was Stuttgartmetal in charge of Tony's wardrobe :what:

Yeah, he's loving it down by the coast!

993S_Ocean said:
Really enjoyed that. Thanks to all for making that film. Very well produced too.

Thanks for the feedback on the film, much appreciated!
And good to have confirmation on the way the front end felt!!

jack.pe said:
993S_Ocean said:

Thanks for the feedback on the film, much appreciated!
And good to have confirmation on the way the front end felt!!
You should be proud, it really is well made and kept my attention throughout.
My good friend has a 997 gen2 c4s. When you're up in the midlands give us a shout if you fancy comparing a 993c2s and a 997 c4s.

Great video, reviews and comparisons guys :thumb:

Nice video, in addition I am enjoying your channel. Have you sold your other cars yet?

apollokre1d said:
Nice video, in addition I am enjoying your channel. Have you sold your other cars yet?

Enjoyed the Fiat 500 purchase. I thought about the same thing but despite us all still in the EU Italy have a weird system of selling cars to foreigners and the reg plates being registered to a person that makes it near impossible to work through the red tape.

I wouldn't fancy dropping a 'bung' to grease the wheels if the previous political shenanigans are anything to go by It's a fine line between coming out of it in one piece or taken for a long drive by the Carabinieri I expect :what:

Zingari said:
apollokre1d said:

Enjoyed the Fiat 500 purchase. I thought about the same thing but despite us all still in the EU Italy have a weird system of selling cars to foreigners and the reg plates being registered to a person that makes it near impossible to work through the red tape.

I wouldn't fancy dropping a 'bung' to grease the wheels if the previous political shenanigans are anything to go by It's a fine line between coming out of it in one piece or taken for a long drive by the Carabinieri I expect :what:

hehe very true... I am looking forward to the AWD to 2WD conversion on the 964 next :)

Weren't all 996s full leather dash and interior?

993vs996 test drive

i think what jack said about the rear of the 993 is so true compared to the 964. as for the comparison. before I had my 993 I had a mk2 996 gt2 .chalk and cheese I know but I found it so big .when you was on it it was like a ballistic missile I never really felt comfortable down the country lanes like I do in the 993 living in Essex is rubbish (roads are to busy) as for the 996 my friend as a Carrera 4 we went to le mans and I tell you it pulls like a train. so my feelings are if you don't have around £45,000 for a good 993 then you have to stick with a 996 which could be less than half the price and if it is like my friends car more than happy with the performance .as for me with the fresh fernsport rebuilt front suspension I love my 993

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back