Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats's the story RE12XJD late 997.2 Turbo Manual ?

apollokre1d said:
Fair enough :) Are you after a turbo then?

ha :D

I'd buy that red 997 turbo to nick its seats and ceramics. Then stick it through the auction again as a non runner subject to picking her up for the right money!

Does anyone know if ceramics from a gen 2 turbo with centre locks will maybe fit a gen 1 car with 5 lugs? 8)

Manual gearbox or not, its the oil leak that will kill your bank balance if it is terminal. I am sure it should be listed if on Vcar?""

Jonny Dangerous said his 996 ch fitted a 997 turbo when I enquired so should down step the other way?

kozzi said:
Jonny Dangerous said his 996 ch fitted a 997 turbo when I enquired so should down step the other way?

997.2 turbo has DFI engine so different

Here are the details on the car - NO MOT HISTORY AVAILABlE ON CAR

Desert Dragon said:
Does anyone know if ceramics from a gen 2 turbo with centre locks will maybe fit a gen 1 car with 5 lugs? 8)

The ceramics on the Turbo are the same if you have 5 lugs or centre locks. It's the hubs that are changed.

I just think that car has had a lot of parts thrown on it at some point as an upgrade instead of a factory job - unless its one of the last 997.2's and it had everything put on in factory?

Spoke to BCA about this today. Porsche GB are the vendor. It was a Porsche experience car at silverstone which I have previously driven as mentioned before. Think engine and gearbox may both be gone as its probably been mishifted. Also a lot of electrical faults so may need new wiring loom and new ECU as damp has managed to creep in from somewhere whilst being stored. Mileage not warranted either which I find strange for a Porsche GB car but maybe its electrical faults have manifested themselves all the way to its intrsument cluster and engine ECU. You'd have to be a very very brave person to buy it - I'm popping up to the sale as intrigued to see what she goes for :grin:

If it's on Vcar etc then it will be easier getting rid of Ebola than trying to re-sell this when you want to move it on.

If you get it for the right price and you can accept the fact Porsche buyers are very very fussy when it comes to 'recorded' cars so you'll have to give it away for a steal then fill your boots.

Plus don't underestimate how much it will cost to sort out as it sound like it's had a hard time leading to a bad ending

Personally I wouldn't :what:

Zingari said:
If it's on Vcar etc then it will be easier getting rid of Ebola than trying to re-sell this when you want to move it on.

If you get it for the right price and you can accept the fact Porsche buyers are very very fussy when it comes to 'recorded' cars so you'll have to give it away for a steal then fill your boots.

Plus don't underestimate how much it will cost to sort out as it sound like it's had a hard time leading to a bad ending

Personally I wouldn't :what:

I don't think she's on VCAR Zingers. I did ask and the answer was no not recorded but will have to double check call us back next weds.

So assuming new wiring loom, ECU, engine and gearbox what her money lads?

The carbon ceramics and folding bucket seats are rare options. I'm tempted just to buy her for these then stick her straight back in the auction and not bother fixing her. I think fixing her could be a nightmare in the region of £25k-30k of repairs. No guarantee her gremlins won't persist even when you do fix everything.

If it goes for sub 60 i'll take a punt at it

Would be an awesome car to tune :thumb:

Lights on dash might just be from jump starting a few too
Many times?
It will go for too much money and has no doubt been thrashed while at silverstone. The ceramics might be fubar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back