Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Take 3: 996.1 C4: Update June 2017 - SOLD

wasz said:
Did you get the decals applied?

sorry for not replying- no I didn't, we moved house last autumn and the car has taken a bit of a back seat whilst we got the new house sorted.

Other than taking out every few weeks to keep it ticking over, the car has been safely cocooned in its new garage without much in the way of use. Infact the only decent outing it has had was for a 911& Porsche world photo shot with a bunch of other really nice modified 996's:

34473102926_a767f63de2_b.jpg

Famous! Was a bit nervous mine would look a bit out of place with other 996's that have had considerably more spent on them, but in the end I think she held her own. Good fun day out- don't often get a private test track all to yourself- first time I've really let this car off the leash and I fell in love with it all over again.

31839582804_3d1bb1bc7d_z.jpg

Other than staying on top of the maintenance, I don't' have much in the way of plans for more changes this year as the house will take priority, and I am trying to fend the mrs off as every time she looks at it she sees a new kitchen!

Looking forward to Beaulieu!

wasz said:
I think it doesn't need anything else - its subtly different and I think looks utterly fantastic.

I have the same wheels in need of some tidying on my vesuvious 996...to gold or not to gold?

Gold goes well with most colours, but I'm not sure about Vesuvius? (Isn't that a special edition colour- Millennium release?) if I've got the colour right in my mind, maybe a more bronze tone might work better?

Well done on the feature buddy :thumb:
I purchased that issue specifically for that feature
And thought I had seen that car on 1 of the forums 8)

996lee said:
Well done on the feature buddy :thumb:
I purchased that issue specifically for that feature
And thought I had seen that car on 1 of the forums 8)

Thanks, there were some really nice cars there on the day and even though every car was built with a different goal I think the whole article is a fair tribute to how underrated these cars are, and how much you can do with them.

I've spent a few quid getting it where it is, but beyond my dream 996 GT3, which is now out of my price range, I honestly can't think of a another car I'd choose replace it with. Done the turbo thing and didn't gel with it, and other performance car options in the £14-20k bracket leave me a bit cold. I do have an emotional pull to an RS4 again, but ideally that would be in addition to this as an be used as a daily.

Sadly that is a pipe dream as Mrs25 is waging a war of attrition for a new kitchen, so rather than buying another car I may be facing an uphill battle to stop this one turning into units and appliances!

Well it's official. I fought the good fight but sadly this German masterpiece needs to be replaced with more German engineering, sadly in the form of kitchen cabinets and appliances that, based on the price, would buy a very nice car- this car infact!

It's going for a full detail and ceramic coating at TK detailing next week, then I'm going to take it for one last hurrah at Beaulieu, and will put an advert up with all the details after that, but if anyone wants to have a chat about the car in the meantime please shoot me a pm.

It's not all bad- I've got a nice 2000 Honda CR-V with only 175000 careless miles to replace it with. #sadface.

It is s officially for sale :sad:

Advert here, will be advertised on Pistonheads after Beaulieu.

I love this car. When I read that mag a few months back I knew I'd seen the car on here but couldn't remember the owner or thread.

For the work and parts that have gone into I think it's an absolutely stonking purchase at that price.

Good luck with the sale. I feel your pain, as I had to sell my GT3 for our house renovation. No regrets mind. Anyone who puts a car before their home is a bit bonkers but we are all different.

:thumb:

Marky911 said:
I love this car. When I read that mag a few months back I knew I'd seen the car on here but couldn't remember the owner or thread.

For the work and parts that have gone into I think it's an absolutely stonking purchase at that price.

Good luck with the sale. I feel your pain, as I had to sell my GT3 for our house renovation. No regrets mind. Anyone who puts a car before their home is a bit bonkers but we are all different.

:thumb:

Thanks. House has to come first, but don't stop this being painful! the idea is get the renovation done quickly and then get back into something interesting straight after.

Price-wise I had no idea where to put it. I know I won't get anything back for the modifications, but even average standard cars are north of £15.5k and I genuinely think this is in far better condition than most of them out there.

We'll see!

After following your build thread this was the car I was most looking forward to seeing at Beaulieu last year, it certainly didn't disappoint, also what did surprise me was just how good the interior looked and worked with the other modifications, if anyone is doubting this car because of the savannah interior then you really need to see it in the flesh, a great buy for someone.

Best of luck with the sale and I look forward to seeing it again on Sunday :thumb:

If only this was for sale a month ago, it's stunning ! The price is extreeeemely good too, having seen a few this looks to be in top condition and with those mod's its stunningly perfect.

Good luck with the sale

Detailer not making this any easier.

18808840_188404088350468_1707873954045100032_n.jpg

All ready for Sunday! Some photos from Tom at TK Detailing

18812127_1698667280439108_7930604520189460480_n.jpg

18888819_430842407314322_3187589199398174720_n.jpg

18812844_208432496343251_4710568676821041152_n.jpg

Just Wow. :worship:

I think yours is the same colour as mine? Schwartz metallic L744?
If so I have something to aim when I finally get around to detailing and sorting the cosmetics.

That looks like a superb job. Bloody clever those detailers. I dabble and do an 80% good job maybe. But that last 20% is a fine art.

Anyway that is awesome. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back