Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to bring detailing products to simply porsche

peterg1955 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
There are now a few waxes for black cars DJ black widow and Blackfire Black ice to name two. The black ice is pretty darn expensive - cheapest I've seen it is £100 a tub, but man it works well. I'll bring my sample pot - you can try it if you're at Simply porsche.

I have a Basalt Black C2 and used the Blackfire products yesterday to get my car nice and shiny...

Blackfire Black Ice hybrid wax off eBay was £58 for a 3oz tub - vendor name is "thepolishingboothltd" I went over the car with the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish first then 2 coats of the wax and it looks very nice now.

Also, if anyone wants to get the door mirror mounts (the triangular bits) back to looking properly black rather than a faded dull grey it's worth trying the new Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel, I got very good results with that!

Thats a good price for Black Ice! Will buy next tub from there for sure!! Nice one. It's actually a 1/2 size pot, but to be honest, it goes such a long way, I can't see the need for a full size pot!

Did you get yourself some midnight sun detailing spray? That really blings it up and fortifies the wax so it will keep going.

Show us a pic of your car then Peter! Keen to see how you got on!

Yep, I have some of the Midnight Sun detailing spray as well but not used it as yet and no photos, I did everything by hand so took a long time and probably not as ultimately shiny as if I had gone over it with a DAS before waxing but I haven't bought one yet - I've only had the car 5 weeks and never bothered with more than a really good wash with any of my other cars.

Like you said that little tub will last for a long time so no point shelling out more than I need to!

I'll be at Simply Porsche on Sunday but I'm coming with the Porsche 996 Carrera Owners Facebook page which is about 30 of us so far - if you're blinded by a black C2 in the sunshine, that'll be mine :floor:

peterg1955 said:
Yep, I have some of the Midnight Sun detailing spray as well but not used it as yet and no photos, I did everything by hand so took a long time and probably not as ultimately shiny as if I had gone over it with a DAS before waxing but I haven't bought one yet - I've only had the car 5 weeks and never bothered with more than a really good wash with any of my other cars.

Like you said that little tub will last for a long time so no point shelling out more than I need to!

I'll be at Simply Porsche on Sunday but I'm coming with the Porsche 996 Carrera Owners Facebook page which is about 30 of us so far - if you're blinded by a black C2 in the sunshine, that'll be mine :floor:

Definitely give it a light mist of MS spray when you park up (as long as the car is clean and not covered in dust). You will be further impressed!

CarreraMonkey said:
Definitely give it a light mist of MS spray when you park up (as long as the car is clean and not covered in dust). You will be further impressed!

Will do, cheers :thumbs:

All

Sundeep has kindly suggested that we try and get the red car near to the 911 stand to make it easier for those that want to come and find me and try out some of this stuff easier.

The downside is that I'm now going to have to make sure the car looks half decent when I get there. :lol:

CarreraMonkey said:
All

Sundeep has kindly suggested that we try and get the red car near to the 911 stand to make it easier for those that want to come and find me and try out some of this stuff easier.

The downside is that I'm now going to have to make sure the car looks half decent when I get there. :lol:

No pressure then :)

KJD said:
:p

Lol. Agree!

It'll get a wash and dry and a spritz with detailing spray. I've got too much to do before I head down to Bournemouth tomorrow afternoon.

And a quick wipe over when we get to Beaulieu.

It's not about my car anyway. :oops:

:grin:

I'd be interested in trying a bit of Black Ice please Monkey :thumb:

I'm using Do Do Juice products ATM, would like to see some others in action..

CarreraMonkey said:
KJD said:

Lol. Agree!

It'll get a wash and dry and a spritz with detailing spray. I've got too much to do before I head down to Bournemouth tomorrow afternoon.

I wouldn't worry. From your signature pic it looks like you'll put the last red car seen on the 911uk to shame. :oops:

T8 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
KJD said:

Lol. Agree!

I wouldn't worry. From your signature pic it looks like you'll put the last red car seen on the 911uk to shame. :oops:

Nah. Don't think so. Your car always looks spanking! 8)

Daniel said:
I'm using Do Do Juice products ATM, would like to see some others in action..

No problem. Come and see if there's anything you fancy there.

So Monkey and I brought along some different products to try and carry out some small scale comparisons.
The car was in direct sunlight , not ideal so we did some work on a door shut and rear wheel arch which on a 4s is considerable.
They were all quality items and each brought something slightly different to the table .
I think we concluded that the overall visually it was difficult to split them apart although they could well offer different levels of longevity and protection.
I think we agreed that a good wax is a good wax but the finish really is down to preparation as we observed a noticeable visual improvement on a car that had already been detailed.

For the record my products use were

Gtechnic P1 polish.
Swissvax Onyx
Fourthwax summer
Dodo juice Hard Candy
Autoperfect Nano wax
Autoperfect glaze.

I'm sure Matt will be along and give his views.
:thumb:

jezgreen911 said:
I'd be interested in trying a bit of Black Ice please Monkey :thumb:

Jez - hope you was pleased with the tester on the door. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back