Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to bring detailing products to simply porsche

CarreraMonkey

I'm going to bring a few bits and bobs over to simply porsche on sunday, for those that want to try some new stuff.

Firstly I'll bring the 3 pots from wax world - they all look really interesting and worth a shot at. Happy to hand them over so you can try them out and pass onto someone else on here afterwards.

I want Phil to try a couple of coats of Blackfire midnight sun wax on his car next time he gets it detailed. I have more than enough in a panel pot for this.

Have about 1/2 a panel pot of purple haze for anyone that wants to try that too as it's been getting some press on here recently. That should wax a whole car a couple times more.

I'll also bring some panel cleaner, pre wax cleanser, DJ Supernatural hybrid wax and a few other Blackfire products (black ice wax which costs about the same as gold :eek:) , for anyone that wants to do a small panel test with any of it.

Please feel free to catch up with me and don't hesitate to ask if you want to take something home to try or do a spot test whilst we're there. :thumb:

Thanks Monkey, I do want to try the blackfire midnight sun wax as I love the quick detailer wet diamond but was looking for something for a lighter coloured car.
I have just had my car detailed using bouncers check the fleck and the results were not as good on the aqua as they were on the midnight blue.
the aqua should really pop and it hasnt... well not to the standard I want anyway lol . :grin:

Interested to try something on my arctic silver but no idea which one .

KJD said:

Second this. I hate polishing cars but would be interested to see what all the fuss is all about and to see if there really is a difference ;)

KJD said:

Are you out on Sunday Kev? You too ELA?

The wax planet stuff is meant to be pretty interesting.

Iwax is a carnauba hybrid wax, highly glossy. White noise is a Montana wax hybrid, again highly glossy. Oblivion is a show wax - super wet look, but I guess not so durable.

Otherwise worth considering BF AFPP with BF midnight sun over the top?

Easy to do a panel test on a door or something, as long as the car is clean to start with and only requires a careful wipe down with a spray of wash solution or quick detailer.

Given how many hours we are there, I had already thought that our time could be more productive.

:dont know:

One bloke polishing his car looks like a bit of a :cap:
However, if a few of us doing it .....

:envy:

askgeez said:
Given how many hours we are there, I had already thought that our time could be more productive.

:dont know:

One bloke polishing his car looks like a bit of a :cap:
However, if a few of us doing it .....

:envy:

I'm not suggesting that people do whole cars.. :lol:

Just if they want to do a panel test they can.

Are you going to the curry night Guy?

About to order some Blackfire Midnight Sun wax myself but before i do i still have some Swissvax Best of Show left, how does it compare to that, is it worth using the remainder of that first or is Blackfire Midnight Sun much better?

Monkey, very interested in the wax planet oblivion as I re wax the car every 6 weeks so I dont need a heavy duty long lasting wax ,I am more interested in that deep wet look show finish and from what I have read this does that. :thumb: the other thing I need is a wax that doesnt darken the panels trying to cheat to give depth , bit concerned the check the fleck has done just that on the aqua, whereas it was good to have the darker finish on the midnight blue gen1

CarreraMonkey

I love cleaning my car and a polish / wax afterwards. Would be interested in what products you feel best for a bassist black car

I use a mixture of poor boys and autoglym wax to finish off!?!?

AdeD said:
About to order some Blackfire Midnight Sun wax myself but before i do i still have some Swissvax Best of Show left, how does it compare to that, is it worth using the remainder of that first or is Blackfire Midnight Sun much better?

Ade, Best of show is pretty darn good stuff anyway, but I guess being a show wax wouldn't be so durable. Midnight sun is similar in depth, but more durable as it's a hybrid. It layers well, so you could put more then 2 coats on if you wanted. The spray then tops it up indefinitely.

If you are at the show and fancy a play, you can try some. I'll bring the panel pot and also the new large pot I purchased (it will last forever by the looks of it).

Phil 997 said:
Monkey, very interested in the wax planet oblivion as I re wax the car every 6 weeks so I dont need a heavy duty long lasting wax ,I am more interested in that deep wet look show finish and from what I have read this does that. :thumb: the other thing I need is a wax that doesnt darken the panels trying to cheat to give depth , bit concerned the check the fleck has done just that on the aqua, whereas it was good to have the darker finish on the midnight blue gen1

Let's try it on a discreet area and see how it performs. Door shuts are always a good discreet area to do.

FRP said:
CarreraMonkey

I love cleaning my car and a polish / wax afterwards. Would be interested in what products you feel best for a bassist black car

I use a mixture of poor boys and autoglym wax to finish off!?!?

Frp -black hole is recognised as an excellent product as is AG High definition wax (assume that's what you mean).

There are now a few waxes for black cars DJ black widow and Blackfire Black ice to name two. The black ice is pretty darn expensive - cheapest I've seen it is £100 a tub, but man it works well. I'll bring my sample pot - you can try it if you're at Simply porsche.

CarreraMonkey said:
KJD said:

Are you out on Sunday Kev? You too ELA?

The wax planet stuff is meant to be pretty interesting.

Iwax is a carnauba hybrid wax, highly glossy. White noise is a Montana wax hybrid, again highly glossy. Oblivion is a show wax - super wet look, but I guess not so durable.

Otherwise worth considering BF AFPP with BF midnight sun over the top?

Easy to do a panel test on a door or something, as long as the car is clean to start with and only requires a careful wipe down with a spray of wash solution or quick detailer.

Matt, you have a Pm :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:
There are now a few waxes for black cars DJ black widow and Blackfire Black ice to name two. The black ice is pretty darn expensive - cheapest I've seen it is £100 a tub, but man it works well. I'll bring my sample pot - you can try it if you're at Simply porsche.

I have a Basalt Black C2 and used the Blackfire products yesterday to get my car nice and shiny...

Blackfire Black Ice hybrid wax off eBay was £58 for a 3oz tub - vendor name is "thepolishingboothltd" I went over the car with the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish first then 2 coats of the wax and it looks very nice now.

Also, if anyone wants to get the door mirror mounts (the triangular bits) back to looking properly black rather than a faded dull grey it's worth trying the new Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel, I got very good results with that!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back