Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

jonttt said:
I thought the evaporator was <£200 the labour cost being the expensive part as its 10+hours work to strip and put back the frunk to get at it :dont know:

No, it's the condenser that's about £200. Just had them both done. :(

Top tip for anyone getting the evaporator done: don't brim the fuel tank the night before you drop the car off with your mechanic like I did. :oops:

madge said:
jonttt said:
I thought the evaporator was <£200 the labour cost being the expensive part as its 10+hours work to strip and put back the frunk to get at it :dont know:

No, it's the condenser that's about £200. Just had them both done. :(

Top tip for anyone getting the evaporator done: don't brim the fuel tank the night before you drop the car off with your mechanic like I did. :oops:

The evaporator can be bought for £75, the condensor for c£130. I know beacuse that's what I paid :grin:

:eek: Looks like they're having a fire sale as they dropped to £63 Here

Condensors look to have dropped to c£90 :roll:

Re: door cards

stichill99 said:
Door cards look very professional Colin. Top Job :thumbs:

Thanks - material was not that exspensive, easy to work with and I can easily install the originals if required............problem is I'm now looking around for other pieces to cover!

Whilst cleaning the car at the weekend I noticed that the cup holder at the back of the centre console is leather, but the handbrake surround is plastic - so obviously I had to get a handbrake surround in leather, which now matches the cup holder behind and the new gear gaiter in front. Much better.

The preventative maintenance continues:- Hope to get them all fitted next week in time for the French trip.

Kat, did you get the alternator bearing and voltage regulator from Porsche?.

If so can I ask how much?, many thanks

Trev

Leather/Alcantara Pole Positions turned up this morning, woohoo... Just need to order some sliders and then full interior retrofit can be started.

C.

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Kat, did you get the alternator bearing and voltage regulator from Porsche?.

If so can I ask how much?, many thanks

I tend to buy from the local OPC as well as Type911 - on this occasion I bought from the later and it cost £100 for the bearing and £80 for the regulator all plus vat and delivery.

The bearing unit is basically a housing with a standard looking bearing held in with a snap ring.
The problem is removing the snap ring to change the bearing. I am not aware of a tool to do it but I believe that using picks and screw drivers I might be able to do so.

I will have a go on the old one and come back with a bearing size if I succeed.

Just had the suspension refreshed by the chaps at Precision. Usual jobs including shocks and springs (H&R Cup Kit - lowered by 40mm), top mounts, ARBs, blah blah. Plus all of my oil return tubes and just a ton of other items and sundries. Gonna test her on the drive down to Simply Porsche tomorrow!

Frazerpart.com can be a good place to get parts. For example a Beru voltage regulator comes in at £26.50 +VAT.

The bearing in the centre hub can be replaced. I know because mine started grumbling a day before I should have been going to Spa and I couldn't get one in time :pc:

Frazerpart is also near Jonttt so what more credibility do you need :roll:

I got a whole new alternator from ECP for under £150 with the discount code thingy & RS hub from Glasgow Porsche for £100ish.......

cableguy said:
Leather/Alcantara Pole Positions turned up this morning, woohoo... Just need to order some sliders and then full interior retrofit can be started.

C.

Would love to see some pics and cost details if your willing to share - these are my next move now I'm on the inside!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back