Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Titanium Brake Caliper Studs - who wants some?

VPD255M

Inspired by the manifold studs thread http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=110603&sid=cf194aee4c03c8d15d1db3440395825b I've been in touch with Matt (Poppopbangbang) and he's going to manufacture some titanium brake caliper studs for me - he's suggested that I put a post up to see if anyone else would also like some.

My car is a 997.1 GT3 (PCCB) and the calipers are attached to the aluminium wheel uprights with Allen head bolts, using studs (as on the cup cars) does away with the single use stretch bolts that Porsche advise should be replaced each time the caliper is removed and also takes away the risk of stripping out the thread in the aluminium upright.

Matt's solution is a high quality Ti stud with a compact aero K-Nut to clear the limited diameter of the bore recess on the caliper.

For 997 GT3 & Turbo - from what I've researched the bolting dimensions for the rears are the same for both steel and PCCB 997.1 & 997.2. The fronts are common for 997.1 PCCB & 997.2 PCCB & steel only (997.1 steel are longer +15mm).

Please add your name to the thread if you're interested in a set.

I'd be interested in some standard 996 type ones if they can be made?

Dunno if this makes too many varieties.

I never like taking the OE bolts out!

I would be interested in a set for the Cayman (Gen. 1).

EDIT - I have PCCB's

Me too please

Me please... 996 turbo

Hi

I would like 996 GT3.2 caliper studs plz :thumbs:

Me please 996 4s (red turbo calipers)

Me please. 996 Turbo 4 pot callipers

i would be interested,,,,,tbh i don't know what callipers i have now on my car,,,,6 pot motorsport items at a best guess ? How do i find out ?

Would be interested for a 993 C2 and a 997.2 C2S, subject to getting more clarity on cost.

Any news on these? I'd be interested in a set of a 996 C4S

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back