Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Considering a 964 C2

hopeydaze

I've been looking for ages...and have come across what appears to be a good prospect:

desirable colour, black interior, manual, full engine rebuild in last 10k miles by a reputable indy. Mileage is 120k.

However, asking price is £55k. Any thoughts because the price is hard to justify to myself.

It could be great value, really depends on what has been replaced and what has not. If the car genuinely needs nothing then the price is ok. Not many cars genuinely need nothing though. Key point is no rust if the ppi goes well.

What was replaced at rebuild time i.e was the rebuid done with or without resale in mind. There are rebuilds and then there are rebuilds, again it depends what was needed.

All down to overall condition. Mileage on a 964 is less of an issue than on a 993 as the former get used more and owners will tend to depart from original spec to focus the car to their own needs.

If it's a private sale it's overpriced. If a respectable dealer not far off the mark. Most/all decent C2s are now in the 50 bags area :what:

As my conservative views on air cooled values are well recorded on here :grin: the gains over the last 5yrs will not be seen in such a tight timeframe any time soon. I'm of a view they're at the top of the price curve, tapering back slightly but now subject to external factors - interest rate, inflation, stock market values, Brexit :roll:

in the ppi has no major mechanical watch-outs then rust, rust, rust.

do a really slow methodical examination of the bodywork looking and FEELING for bubbling or spider-type marks beneath the paint. sills, window frames, around shark fins, around front & rear windscreens, all along both rain gutters with your fingers. Both 964s (and 993s) are seriously getting on now and the bodywork bills would add up quick if you get one that is starting to rot!!

I agree, rust!

Thanks everyone for your replies, and I appreciate the advice on key issues. If I go ahead I will keep you informed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back