Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSS mounts fitted

Iansta

Finally got around to fitting them after nearly 6 months and have been out for two early drives already as they have made a much bigger difference than I expected. Would recommend them to pretty much everyone who likes to feel more connected to there car. They cause very slightly more vibration and from the engine but other half didn't notice until pointed out and when you get above 4000 rpm when it sounds much more raw and visceral.
Falling even more in love with the car now :thumbs:

Iansta said:
Finally got around to fitting them after nearly 6 months and have been out for two early drives already as they have made a much bigger difference than I expected. Would recommend them to pretty much everyone who likes to feel more connected to there car. They cause very slightly more vibration and from the engine but other half didn't notice until pointed out and when you get above 4000 rpm when it sounds much more raw and visceral.
Falling even more in love with the car now :thumbs:

I fitted the Rennline ones a couple of weeks ago, sounds like they are pretty similar! Love the rawness and how much more feel there is in the back end!

Looking forward to trying mine out. I had RSS mounts fitted to mine but only Drive the car a few miles home so didn't notice much change at all.

isysman said:
Looking forward to trying mine out. I had RSS mounts fitted to mine but only Drive the car a few miles home so didn't notice much change at all.

Interesting, I was thinking of getting these, so keen to know if it's the big difference People have said or is it placebo.

Definitely worth it boba, I have done chassis modifications on a number of cars previously and this is definitely the best value for money of any I have done.
My original mounts were pretty shot so probably made a bigger improvement than over newer mounts but I would still recommend having been for two long drives on the local back roads.
The whole car feels more cohesive and tied down. It allows you to feel the grip at the rear better but also seems to give you a more consistent front end too.
The increased nvh is very mild and i prefer it actually as it connects me more with the whole car and without a sports exhaust I love the more buzz saw noise from the engine now.

I had the rennline semi solids on my gen 1 and loved them , the gen 2 hasnt got them and its on my list to do as I can feel the difference without them.
big old lump swinging about in the back needs to be got under control. :thumb: :thumb: no not the ex wife the engine :grin:

Phil 997 said:
I had the rennline semi solids on my gen 1 and loved them , the gen 2 hasnt got them and its on my list to do as I can feel the difference without them.
big old lump swinging about in the back needs to be got under control. :thumb: :thumb: no not the ex wife the engine :grin:

Hope your missus doesn't read this. :hand:

isysman said:
Phil 997 said:

Hope your missus doesn't read this. :hand:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Martian said:
I noticed only a marginal difference with the RSS's fitted, the NVH is far more noticeable at idle and up to around 1500 rpm.

So would you recommend them ?

I definately recommend them, well worth it.

MC

After another drive today on some sweeping a roads I am very pleased with them. I would definitely recommend

Best 'bang for buck' mod to any 996/7 model. Tightens the handling considerably, makes the whole car feel connected, stops the porpoising of the front end. A must for any 911 owner who values a good handling car above all else.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back