Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Springs/Dampers - views on KW Variant 1?

mollytherocker

Hi

The time has finally come for new spings and dampers on my 95' 993 C2.

I know this has been done to death, but I need your recommendations and experience please!

My car has the M033 option and I want it to be slightly stiffer and sharper but not rock hard!

A Porsche indy is recommending KW variant 1 as a good compromise at a reasonable cost.

Do your worst!

Koni FSD with H&R springs get a good recommend by CoG when I was enquring a while back. I think they are also cheaper than KW :dont know:

Kim squared the circle and ended up with Koni I believe.

Illuminati are now going down the Porsche classic issue if you like 'On the Buses' green :roll:

Eibachs match nicely with the FSDs. Pretty sure there's a pre-packaged kit with FSD and Eibachs.

Quality? Koni are not in the same ballpark as KW / Bilstien imho.

I don't have a 993 but I suspect that if I did, it would either be running Bilsteins (which can be rebuilt) or Ohlins. If you have to run KWs, then v3s for proper adjustability.

Well, after much thought, research and advice I have gone with my original idea of KW variant 1.

I will update you on my thoughts once they are fitted and set up!

Attachments

• image_870.jpeg
    image_870.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 4,228
Molly,

I have had the KW Super Sport set up(thanks Chris) on mine for some time and love them. You won't be disappointed.

JJ

I'll post more detail in due course but I've just picked up my car from Centre Gravity, although sadly it was in the rain!

Its the first time I've used my headlights or my windscreen wipers for years!

The difference is quite astounding.

I took their advice from start to finish and ended up with Bilstein B8s and my original springs.

I also had new OEM Track Rod Ends and I had the wishbones re-bushed with Super-Pro bushes.

I was tempted bu Kimbo's excellent research and conclusions and was leaning towards Koni FSDs until the Porsche Classics were released.

I was then very reliably informed that the "re-working" of the Bilstein as a now "preferred partner" of Porsche was limited to a green paint job, so I decided to have the Bilstein B8, which appears to be the "Classic" in all but colour!

All fitted today along with new;

C4 engine mounts
HT leads
Dizzy caps
Rotar arms
Heat exchanger gaskets
Windscreen washer motor

Full geometry and final set up tomorrow.

Cant wait to pick it up!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back