Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boot release

mikezulu

Trainee
The interior boot release has snapped off. I can activate the solenoid switch by pushing the end of my key in to the hole left by the broken switch. I'm off on a tour of Germany next month and assuming that this is not going to cause me any further problems. It has raised a couple of questions that somebody might answer:

1. My key has two buttons - one for the doors and one for the boot; the boot release does not work on Key 1 or the spare - I'm assuming that this is an option on the C2 that I don't have???

2. Am I right in thinking that if the solenoid fails or the battery drains the boot can be released by removing the relevant fuse??

Cheers

Question 1 - this should work on all cars - it was not an option ?

The keyfob buttons probably work, you just need to keep it pressed for a couple of seconds, it's not an instant unlock like the doors.

jpsh120 said:
The keyfob buttons probably work, you just need to keep it pressed for a couple of seconds, it's not an instant unlock like the doors.

Brilliant - you're right, I was expecting immediate response but it does work after a few seconds. Thanks to both of you for the tip.

The switch comes with the engine compartment switch too.
It's about £70 and 5 mins to fit. Only a couple of torx screws.
Very common failure, per my indie.

jonno_ said:
The switch comes with the engine compartment switch too.
It's about £70 and 5 mins to fit. Only a couple of torx screws.
Very common failure, per my indie.

Not surprised - the switch is fairly flimsy - I will get it fixed next MOT and continue to use the key release.

Mine broke last year, one of the small pivot lugs broke off. Luckily managed to retrieve the broken bit and superglue it back on with a little plastic reinforcement! Works a treat now!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back