Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phil 997's new C4S pt2 - now collected

Phil 997 said:
Desert Dragon said:
Lovely. If you maybe get some 245 section tyres at the front and 325 at the rear it will not only help fill out the arches but also more steering feel up front due to the wider section. Work fine on a C4S ;)

Thought I would try your suggestion , So have ordered a pair of 245-35-19 Michelins to see how it looks and feels with the wider tyre up front :thumb:

You need the Gt2/3 Rs size rears 325 too mate to keep the rolling circumference the same as the 235 and 305 otherwise the 4wd system is toast

Sorry other option i forgot to mention is you can simply remove the front driveshaft (nothing else or it messes with electronics) and then still run a 305 at the back. This helps to reduce understeer further and makes the car rwd.

Personally I'd just go as it will give you that genuine GT3 RS look and the 4wd system on 2009 cars onwards is a massive improvement over previous generations. I have 2007 and 2010 awd 997 and the 2009 PTM onwards is far more progressive staying rwd more of the time. Porsche do not advertise the improvement but its significant

245 35 19 front

325 30 19 rears

:thumb:

The only time that I feel that I really exploited the awd on my 997.2 C4S was on a very wet and slippery day in the Dolomites. The balance was perfect and she left everything for dead. Italian boy racers on your tail into a hairpin were toast out of it, great fun and far superior to the 996 4 that I had and 997.1 C2S. I never feel any understeer, the car is just planted, but after all, it is effectively 2wd 95% of the time.

rigsby99 said:
The only time that I feel that I really exploited the awd on my 997.2 C4S was on a very wet and slippery day in the Dolomites. The balance was perfect and she left everything for dead. Italian boy racers on your tail into a hairpin were toast out of it, great fun and far superior to the 996 4 that I had and 997.1 C2S. I never feel any understeer, the car is just planted, but after all, it is effectively 2wd 95% of the time.

I agree the PTM 4wd system 2009 onwards is a sweet chassis set up. Really doesn't feel 4wd at all. I love the 997.2 C4S and a real bargain when you look at GTS prices with those same lovely wide body looks. Thats why I'd keep the RS decklid. Its correct for the 44mm wider GT3 RS if thats the look you're going for Phil. With CL I certainly wouldn't be able to distinguish from the exterior. They're might quick cars too. I'm surprised you're chasing more power when Brookspeed have done a beautiful job. :thumb:

Phil, were the BMC filters already fitted or did you add them? I just wondered if they actually add any value because my understanding was that the oem filters in the DFI engine were sufficient, whereas in the 997.1 they make a noticeable difference over the oem, audibly at least :?:

Desert Dragon said:
rigsby99 said:

I agree the PTM 4wd system 2009 onwards is a sweet chassis set up. Really doesn't feel 4wd at all. I love the 997.2 C4S and a real bargain when you look at GTS prices with those same lovely wide body looks. Thats why I'd keep the RS decklid. Its correct for the 44mm wider GT3 RS if thats the look you're going for Phil. With CL I certainly wouldn't be able to distinguish from the exterior. They're might quick cars too. I'm surprised you're chasing more power when Brookspeed have done a beautiful job. :thumb:

I agree Brookspeed have done a great job and too be honest I would only be looking for tweaks because I like trying. but I need to be careful as they have it set up so nicely. I will have another think on the tyres as I really dont want to kill the AWD .Re the rear wing I am getting used to it, it does suit the car , just looked so big at first . thanks for the advise re the tyres. :thumb:

nigel99 said:
Phil, were the BMC filters already fitted or did you add them? I just wondered if they actually add any value because my understanding was that the oem filters in the DFI engine were sufficient, whereas in the 997.1 they make a noticeable difference over the oem, audibly at least :?:

Hi Nigel, yes they were done by Brookspeed so I have no before or after comparisons mate sorry. see you next Sunday at simply porsche :thumb:

Today , started the tweaking and personalising on the new car. it went to have 15% tint on the glass around except the windscreen. this helps with UV and heat and added security. and I like it. I have also got some 305s for the rear as when I changed my alloys over from the old car as it was a narrow body it had 295s fitted. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1543_374.jpg
    img_1543_374.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 4,255
rigsby99 said:
Hope you don't have to cut all those hedges Phil!!

I'll come round to cut them if you let me drive the car as payment :floor:

:thumb:

I'm not usually a big spoiler/lip fan but I think your car, in the colour etc looks sweet Phil :thumbs:

Looks great....how many mods are we up to phil? Book is still running on how many before Simply :)

Cannot let that picture go without comment...nice bush mate.... :floor:

Looking mean Phil. What %tint did you have previously?

rigsby99 said:
Hope you don't have to cut all those hedges Phil!!

:floor: No mate I have a guy who can :thumb:

G2 said:
Looks great....how many mods are we up to phil? Book is still running on how many before Simply :)

Cannot let that picture go without comment...nice bush mate.... :floor:

:floor: I call it the AiB bush :thumb: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back