Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sunroof drain pipe

queenmonkey

Trainee
Hi Guys, i've had water leaking onto the rear passenger seat that i've tracked down to the sunroof drain pipe. It's obvioulsy blocked as it's backing up and then dripping from the roof lining. I've taken the pipe off the sunroof mechanism and given it a blow through with compressed air. The air is blowing back sp must be blocked. I've platted some heavy gauge wire and put that down it. That will only go so far. I've put boiling water with some detergent in it - still blocked and liquid comes back up the pipe!

I've gone under the car in the hope i might be able to do something that end? I haven't got a jack presently and its on grass so i've got underneath to see the exit hole. I've had a devil of a job to find it but think it's behind a heat shield behind the back wheel. There's a little grommet arrangement with a plastic tube hanging from it. I thought it would be as simple as sticking my wire up that arrangement? The grommet has come off and i can just about get my finger through the hole. I can feel (and just see) what appears to be a large diameter cloth woven pipe with some foam in the vicinity? Has anyone any tips for unblocking this pipe and give clarity on how the pipe exits at rear ie can you get a wire up it etc. If so why cant i with mine?
QM

Hi Demort and thanks for your link/comment. After a lot of effort (mainly around lifting the car!) i got to the bottom of the problem. Someone had obviously had a go at rodding the pipe wheel end at some time. They'd pushed the tube out of it's grommet arrangement and at a right angle. Consequently, it had a kink in it restricting flow. I've stripped the back corner of the car out and giving it a bit of air now. Hopefully problem resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back