Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa 4s 's

CarreraMonkey

Saw a 997 gen2 targa 4s on the motorway today. Always liked the look of them in pictures but had never seen one up close.

Have to say, I loved it. Easily as nice as a coupe in my opinion. The one i saw was a very cool car. 8)

I agree. I have always had a soft spot for these.
£50k though for a gen2 and there aren't that many around.
The reputation is not great for the roofs though....

Targa is a very practical and daily 911, if you like to enjoy life in a 911, take a Targa. Its lovely.

I dont have any noise issue from the roof, but my window motor squeaks...

Any mechanism is a potential source of noise, don't get scared away.

Love my 996 Targa

Attachments

• img_2834_431.jpg
    img_2834_431.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5,638
By coincidence on the way to my OPC today to have my cracked rear lens replaced, I followed a nice Targa C4 up the A3 into Guildford (anybody on here?). first one I have seen and it looked nice from the rear. :D

Targa's are lovely to own but can be very expensive if anything goes wrong....a couple of mates both have 993 Targa's which they've owned for ten plus years. Both have had some big bills related to the roof over the years. No idea how closely the 996 and 997 mech's relate to the 993...One of them has kept his car outside a lot and now he has somewhere inside to keep it was thinking about getting a full body respray. Bodyshop told him to allow a "substantial four figure" sum for parts because removing and re-fitting the roof would likely result in new parts having to be ordered. He's postponed!

I saw a white 997.2 Targa C4S a while back and it left an impression, I must say. Looking from behind, the targa roof line appears to be narrower than a coupe's, coupled with the 4S widebody with the red reflector on the back, it looked immense.
I'd take one in a heartbeat for sure. Would be a tough decision over the 991 targa though. they also look mega in my opinion

I have to say I love the look of my '07 Targa 4 in Cobalt Blue.
The ability to access the parcel shelf via the "hatchback" rear window, plus having a rear wiper, is very useful.

Attachments

272.3 KB · Views: 5,368
I wanted to buy one, I love the look. My Indy advised against it! Supposedly they leak onto the cpu.

Can't wait for the 991 targa to enter my budget.

991tRgas are awesome. I love them. But they aren't what this thread is about.

I was so struck by that 997.2 that I was surprised by how cool it was. I looked at a few online.. wish I'd look at one or two up close.

i too like the look but i thought the problem it the targa was the weight issue and how its up top ?

I suspect it's no difference for a road driver. Track day user - maybe. Racer - ok

After all, how often do you race against other 911's on the road?

3 years ago I bought a Targa4S and I've not regretted it, mine gets used mainly for Touring in Scotland and further afield just back from Monaco, Milan Stuttgart and the Alps and it's perfect for this kind of use. The roof system really comes into its own.

I see Hexagon seem to be stocking up on these looking at the moment I think they have st least 4 or 5 Gen ll Targas in stock.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back