Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000

silvermilnec

Albert Park
I saw on Phil post of his new big winged GEN 2 the above product. I'll be honest I've never heard of it before. My main question is can you control music from the pcm 3 touch screen?

Quite simply, Yes!
The Bovee and Tune2air displays via Bluetooth all of the information related to what you're currently playing and what is stored on your phone (playlists etc).

Stuttgartflyer said:
Quite simply, Yes!
The Bovee and Tune2air displays via Bluetooth all of the information related to what you're currently playing and what is stored on your phone (playlists etc).
Cheers! Sounds like I need to do a bit of investigation 👍

And had it confirmed it plays spotify from your phone , the pcm displays all the tracks and I understand artwork the same as your iphone .
I do need to also get the funny little porsche part that plugs into the ipod jack and usb in the arm rest then connects to the Bovee this then charges the bovee and feeds the pcm the bluetooth info. :thumb:

rigsby99 said:
I just plug a usb memory stick loaded with music into the centre armrest ?

I agree if you just want to play whatever music is playing, but there is no data displayed on the pcm and you cant change tracks or albums from the pcm so the bovee at around £60 for me is a no brainer option.

rigsby99 said:
I can Phil, the screen allows selection by artist, album, song etc

Me too, I have u thumb drive USB loaded with loads of albums. Artist, album, tracks all show on pcm3 👍 Easy to find what you want quickly.

mmmmm need to do more investigating , I think the key is going to be getting the lightning connector and then seeing what the ipod displays on the screen.
still like the bovee idea for spotify and waze speed camera alerts :thumb:

I've used both for music Phil, the usb stick is as good and doesn't add complications in the way of an ipod which in my experience have limited lives. You can always use a splitter to provide usb power for other devices.

Great thanks for the info mate :thumb:

Phil - Remind me at Simply Porsche - I always have a USB connected to my HU so we can test yours with what does and doesn't work :thumb:

I brought today from the opc the MULTIMEDIA CONNECTING CABLE FOR PORSCHE Code: 99761247102 in stock and £27.00
So I am now halfway to sorting it out as this will transfer data and control from the ipod to the PCM3 . so the only thing I need to do now is get a bovee so I can stream spotify and waze to the pcm along with my music stored on the phone as well as the ipod

Attachments

• 99761247102lr_574.jpg
    99761247102lr_574.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,493
Stuttgartflyer said:
Quite simply, Yes!
I've just placed a Tune2Air in the 'Porsche Car Parts For Sale & Wants' forum, along with other goodies, for anyone interested: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=152735 :thumb: .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back