Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phil 997's new C4S pt2 - now collected

Robx said:
Love it mate, cant wait to see it. Whats your thoughts on 4 wheel drive difference? and are you swapping your old plate on to it?

RE the plate yes it will be on by the end of the weekend,
The AWD its hard to tell as I haven't really had a chance to feel it in action, the traction certainly feels more planted, it feels very stable and not as lively and twitchy as the 2WD . :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Phil, really like the car. Well done.

Vertini Magic Concaves are the bomb, so well done on keeping them.

Your old one was a stunner as well though.

Can I ask why you did not go Turbo ?

Boba that must be the most asked question from all the guys with Porsches.
It was a very spontaneous decision to buy it , I loved the colour and the mods its very me. my concern over a turbo was very much that I would have used the whole budget to get into one and I wouldnt have had the mod fund to give it the exhaust and tweaks I would have wanted ,and without a good exhaust I really dont like the sound of them. as you can probably tell by now I don't do stealth I am more of a :clap: :clap: I AM HERE :clap: :clap: type guy :grin: :grin: :floor: and also I didnt want to jump too steps want to enjoy waiting a few years for a riviara blue 997 turbo to show its face on the market followed by an acid green GT3 :grin: by then I will be old and infirm and ready for a aircooled 911 or a bath chair :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

It was a very spontaneous decision to buy it , I loved the colour and the mods its very me. my concern over a turbo was very much that I would have used the whole budget to get into one and I wouldnt have had the mod fund to give it the exhaust and tweaks I would have wanted ,and without a good exhaust I really dont like the sound of them. as you can probably tell by now I don't do stealth I am more of a :clap: :clap: I AM HERE :clap: :clap: type guy :grin: :grin: :floor: and also I didnt want to jump too steps want to enjoy waiting a few years for a riviara blue 997 turbo to show its face on the market followed by an acid green GT3 :grin: by then I will be old and infirm and ready for a aircooled 911 or a bath chair :grin: :grin:

:thumb:

Well the new one is lovely.

I like to mod my cars to, so :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Porsche owners spend thousands ticking option boxes to get the car they want.. they wait for it to be built... They fly to Stuttgart and drive it back....

:dont know: :frustrated: :eh!:

Phil finds his perfect car in next town :floor:

Match made in heaven :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

:thumb:

Well the new one is lovely.

I like to mod my cars to, so :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks Boba :drink: :drink:

askgeez said:
Porsche owners spend thousands ticking option boxes to get the car they want.. they wait for it to be built... They fly to Stuttgart and drive it back....

:dont know: :frustrated: :eh!:

Phil finds his perfect car in next town :floor:

Match made in heaven :thumb:

Guy , I know mate ,I read on here all the time about guys travelling across the country to look at a car , and my perfect car was 20 mins away at an indy I use and trust . Was in Bournemouth OPC today and a bloke was picking up a 64 plate 991 GTS and he had come from Leeds to buy it .

Love that car Phil, it really looks the business! Until you get the Bovee sorted try changing the push notification setting on Waze. Sound & Voice/Advanced/Sound output-Play as bluetooth phone call. It pushes the notifications via the phone connection, your dash registers an incoming phone call. I like having the visual notification but its a handy stop-gap until you get the rest of it sorted. Enjoy! :)

Looks amazing Phil. But it's a heck of a spend just to go one better next year :?:

:grin: :thumbs:

Looks superb Phil, enjoy it mate, sure you will! 4S so much classier than those rather vulgar Turbo's don't you think !!!

Hi Phil
Sorry if you have been asked this question before, but where did you purchase your Vertini Magic concave wheels and how much did you pay for them.

Thanks
Richard

Ricardo66 said:
Hi Phil
Sorry if you have been asked this question before, but where did you purchase your Vertini Magic concave wheels and how much did you pay for them.

Thanks
Richard

Richard PM sent mate :thumb:

rigsby99 said:
Looks superb Phil, enjoy it mate, sure you will! 4S so much classier than those rather vulgar Turbo's don't you think !!!

:floor: :floor:

New997buyer said:
Looks amazing Phil. But it's a heck of a spend just to go one better next year :?:

:grin: :thumbs:

:floor: Paul ,I took second gracefully, but I lost to a German with a GT3 now that must be addressed before we brexit :grin: :grin: :thumb:
I also now have a spare set of 997.1 fabspeed muffler delete pipes as that was the first action I took to address it. so will sell them at some point. :grin:

Monkeynutz said:
Love that car Phil, it really looks the business! Until you get the Bovee sorted try changing the push notification setting on Waze. Sound & Voice/Advanced/Sound output-Play as bluetooth phone call. It pushes the notifications via the phone connection, your dash registers an incoming phone call. I like having the visual notification but its a handy stop-gap until you get the rest of it sorted. Enjoy! :)

thanks for the advise mate,will look into doing that :thumb:

Desert Dragon said:
Lovely. If you maybe get some 245 section tyres at the front and 325 at the rear it will not only help fill out the arches but also more steering feel up front due to the wider section. Work fine on a C4S ;)

Thought I would try your suggestion , So have ordered a pair of 245-35-19 Michelins to see how it looks and feels with the wider tyre up front :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back