Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front boot light not working

Poker2009

Suzuka
So I had a flat battery, and put it on charge - the crocodile clips were too big to allow me to close the front lid, but the boot light was on and wouldn't go off, even though I locked the car, so I popped the bulb out (which was hot).

Now with a fully charged battery, the bulb back in, the light has stopped working.

Any ideas? - I don't believe there is a fuse for it, and I have tried the bulb in both directions, and tried a new bulb (I swapped it over to LED some time ago, it has always worked fine).

Thanks

I had the same and assumed the bulb had gone after I left the bonnet propped with a CTEK charting the battery.
It suddenly started working again after a couple of weeks!

Mine didn't work for years and I tried everything to get it going, replaced bulb, tested micro switch, proved wiring etc. In the end I mentioned it to a friend with PIWIS, and he plugged his piwis in and activated it in seconds - has worked ever since.

If you've had a flat battery it can knock certain systems out and the car in effect 'forgets' that it has certain options. A 'vehicle handover' in piwis often restores them. I recently lost my headlamp washer jets and heated seats due to a flat battery and this restored them for me.

Hope that helps!

monster said:
Mine didn't work for years and I tried everything to get it going, replaced bulb, tested micro switch, proved wiring etc. In the end I mentioned it to a friend with PIWIS, and he plugged his piwis in and activated it in seconds - has worked ever since.

If you've had a flat battery it can knock certain systems out and the car in effect 'forgets' that it has certain options. A 'vehicle handover' in piwis often restores them. I recently lost my headlamp washer jets and heated seats due to a flat battery and this restored them for me.

Hope that helps!

Vehicle handover is what you need. PIWIS2

Thanks guys - I checked again this afternoon, and it was working - however, tried again just now, and is off again! Strange.

That is going to be a bit of a pain - arranging for a PIWIS2 hookup.

Possibly! It was working fine, before I popped the bulb out - I wish I had not touched it!!

If it's working intermittently then it's probably not a piwis programming issue.

Maybe check the microswitch near the latch is working properly.

I cleaned my 996 frunk microswitch with IPA and WD-40.

Spray and aggitate the catch with your finger. Rinse and repeat, as they say.

Dust and debris can stop it working.

It is intermittent (sometimes on and sometimes off when I open the lid)

Looks like something going on at the latch, if I close the lid with a bit of force and open again, the light comes on.

Will try cleaning it.

Chaps,

I have the same issue on my 987 Boxster, not a battery issue as just had a new battery / vehicle handover & the intermittent frunk light was present before.

Suggestion seems to be to clean the microswitch, happy to have a go but can anyone point me in the direction of where i might find the switch & what I can use to clean it?

Thanks in advance for any help. :thumb:

Mine must be the switch aswell, as it is still intermittent - if I slam the hood down closed, the light comes on - although haven't got round to doing anything about it yet.

The microswitch in the latch gets stuck, wd40 can help, but if the lamp fails to light, flick the sprung lever by the latch and that should make the lamp come on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back