Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ball joint removal tool

glazey

Trainee
Hi,
Anyone know which ball joint splitter fits the ball joint on the control arm.

I am wanting to replace a broken spring on my 997 4s. And need to remove the ball joint from the shock.

In the Porsche workshop manual it says use the special press-out tool 9560 but i can't find any information on it.

I was thinking of getting a Franklin TA330

Any advice would be appreciated

Tom

Try your main dealer they should be able to sell you one the tools are usually fairly priced.

You should be able to get one from Halfords, most are fairly universal!

Use the piano fork type with hammer; the universal threaded ones I have bought (3 of) wont fit. Obviously this method can cause damage to the rubber so only go this way if you are replacing rather than inspecting.
OEM Porsche is a good call but can only imagine the prices

The one you have ordered will work just fine .. its similar to the snap on one i have .. when useing spray the rubber boot with wd40 or similar then its kinda normal to use a hammer to get the tool far enough in .

Yep ive removed pasm shocks , is there a particular question ?

You will need either a 21 or 22mm socket with a slot in it for the wire to undo the top nut and youll need to hold the top washer to make sure the shaft doesnt turn .. water pump pliers will do although there is a special tool for it .. a VW tool lol .

Demort said:
The one you have ordered will work just fine .. its similar to the snap on one i have .. .

Do you know the part number of the Snap On one?

Nope .. im afraid i just walked on his van and bought it .. ill have a look at it tomorrow and see if theres any numbers on it .. but it looks very similar to the one on ebay .

Thanks, the jaws on the one I have weren't quite wide enough, I've ground a bit out but they're still not quite right.

Yep, the one on the right looks too big with the added spacer section. I think the key dimension is the 24mm jaw width. Can you measure your snap on one?

This one fits 996 C4S - KS Tools 700.561 Ball Joint Separator, 0-55mm £54 on Amazon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back