Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche road trip Isle of Skye

Brucey1

I've just done a road trip around the outer Hebrides and the Isle of Skye, on the way home today I must of seen 30 911's including a 911r . There was also a few gt3s one of which was giving it the absolute beans along the road at cluanie dam , what a sound !! They probably wondered why a guy in a 20 year old campervan was waving and peemping the horn at them !
Does anyone know what club it was ?

Lordglenmorangie said:
I love Skye and the West of Scotland , the only down side is single figure fuel consumption :D

Don't forget 'The Midgies'.........they love some new blood on Skye .....

Terry

Lordglenmorangie said:
I love Skye and the West of Scotland , the only down side is single figure fuel consumption :D

Don't forget 'The Midgies'.........they love some new blood on Skye .....

Terry

I had a look on the Porsche club gb site and tipec site , I don't see any mention of a Skye road trip , no idea who it was . It was an impressive sight and the 911r was gorgeous, they must of had a great time on the roads up there . :wink:

Was it UK cars , there have been many recent ' gaggles' of super cars and sports cars spotted in and around the fringes of Inverness on their way to and from the 'NC' ....

I and a couple of mates joined a PCGB trip with some visiting PC Ireland chaps and chappesses earlier this month down through Braemar through the Cairngorm National park ..and over to Pitlochry........ Now that's a good run out , pity about joining the AV Speed camera festooned A9 on the way back though !

NC 500 on my next trip home .......!!

Yeah they were all uk cars , there was also a 911 that looked like a le mans car not sure what is was

Probably a GT1 or 918 Spyder .......

I know there is a guy in Aberdeen that has a road going GT1 .... I'll ask around .....

It definitely wasn't a 918, think it was a gt1 ,it was silver with stickers all over it .

You'll have the seen the factory tour that is up in around the area. If you look on facebook theres a few photos on the GT Scotland site.

They have some original factory cars like a 996 Gt3 mk1, silver 911r and other models over along with UK maroon 959, GT1 in Warstiner livery, a Gt2 RS and other cars but they also have the 1,000,000th 911 there as well in its fetching green colour.

The dark blue Gt1 in Aberdeen drove past me on the way home a few weeks back....wow.

Must have been quite a site to see them all!!!

Thanks coulstar , your right that was definitely them I had a look at the gt Scotland site . Can't believe I missed the 959 though !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back