Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

X74 on a turbo

chriscoates81

Suzuka
Hi guys just before i order some new top mounts, is there a visible way to tell the difference between standard turbo and x74 options. Ive not got a code under the bonnet that says i have but whos to know if its been changed since then. From what ive read the mounts are different between the 2 (not sure in what way tho).

They give less negative camber by about 1 degree. Ask me how I know..... :frustrated: That is for X73 on a four wheel drive though.

You would need to see them side by side to see the difference I think. They are cheaper though, also there is some talk of the shore hardness of the rubber being different to stock, certainly mine feel very firm/direct. Hope this is of some use.

Is there any easy way, maybe just by measuring the wheel arch gap?

I have x73 on my c4s, my top mounts are in the way out and was told 997 turbo ones are the same (by Porsche themselves). So I have a a set of those to get fitted shortly

The more I think about, there's no way I could have x73/4, if I did the car would be on stilts normally as iirc the ride changes about 20mm. I can see how the car could be lower than that but not higher if that makes sense.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back