Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

987 wheels on a 997

Ernie McCracken

Hiya chaps, I'm getting my 19" Carrera Sport wheels properly refurbished and as such they will be removed from my car and taken in for rework for up to a week.

My Dad has 4 spare 19" alloys/tyres from his 987 Gen 1 Boxster.

My question is will these fit on my 911 temporarily?

Car will not be driven and the purpose is that it would be better on wheels than jacked up for a week.

easy answer - yes for simply resting on them.

I think the rear rim width is significantly narrower (not an issue for leaving it parked up of course) and the offset may differ but nothing to worry about for these purposes.

HTH

Of course, before & after pics and who did the refurb are obligatory :D

Thanks that's great and I'd much prefer it resting on wheels that stilts!

The rims have corrosion on them. I did try Porsche for warranty but the say its becasue they have stone chipped and water has got in. I think it could be wheel cleaner where I've been lazy and had it cleaned as i only use soapy water and a brush.

Am going to be selling it soon and if a buyer is anything like me, the wheels and bodywork must be excellent to part with that sort of cash! The wheels are the only thing that lets it down as the rest is excellent for a 7 year old car.

xvNAnxN.jpg

sDi9H85.jpg

Ar9QtYu.jpg

You leave my nuts out of it!

Is there an easy/recommended solution for cleaning them up?

Ernie McCracken said:
You leave my nuts out of it!

Is there an easy/recommended solution for cleaning them up?

:D

As the previous poster has linked too - I do mine around once a year - doesn't take long at all. Worth doing as they look awful rusty.

Nice wheels by the way - got the same on mine :thumbs:

Cheers chaps, i will do that. My TT had the same problem with rusty nuts too. I know they are exposed to the elements but you would have thought manufacturers would be able to have a fix for that, especially on premium cars.

I love the wheels too, I quite like the standard gen2 alloys and wasnt sure of these. But they def look better in the flesh than in pics especially as the spokes are the same paint as the body colour.

I don't really want to get rid of the car, its easy to drive/cruise around sedately and fun and ferocious when you want to be. Its pretty much the perfect sports car and is as tight still as a brand new car, but a combination of cash and a new baby means she's got to go I'm afraid.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back