Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 convertible water leak

BBains

Hi, can anyone help?

Noticed after recent heavy rain that the rear drivers footwell was soaked. Am drying out but can anyone tell me what this may be and solution?
Passenger side is dry!

Car is 2008 C4S Convertible Gen 1

Hello & welcome, though perhaps not the first post you were hoping to make.

I think there are drains down behind what would be the rear door cards -except of course they just line the rear 3/4 section. Its fairly common for these to get blocked or the drain pipe to become detached. I'm sure others will have the "how to" more easily to hand - sure they'll be along shortly.

The drain is behind the rear panel speakers each side ..

Best way really is to take out the front section of the rear arch linners , you then have access to the drain tube .. it will be blocked with mud and probably have a small rubber disc fitted .. remove this as it traps the dirt.

Youll need to blow up the tube to clean it out or remove the speakers and gain access that way .

Attachments

• drain_103.jpg
    drain_103.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,505

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back