Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Weekend in Snowdonia

Alam

The weekend away with Mrs Alam was a blast!

We stayed in this quirky boutique B&B in Barmouth called Coes Faen (http://coesfaen.co.uk/) and run by no other than Richard Parry-Jones and his wife (Retired CTO of Ford, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Parry-Jones).

During the weekend we drove upto Llanberis and did Snowdonia (on train) followed by experiencing some stunning driving roads on the way back to Barmouth. Great weather for a change, superb roads, jolly host and a great B&B!

I'm gonna have to bring the boys out here in convoy next time... Highly recommended chaps :lol:

Richard's Yard in Barmouth (B&B & 60 acre forest is opposite out of view) :eek:
8912103916_c4ab5fc8fa_b.jpg

Views near Tremadog

Llyn Clywedog Reservoir

A Boxster stops over to see what the fuss is about!

Luvvly pics :thumbs:

That looks like great place to stay.
Thanks for posting, I might take the current Mrs Chief there :grin:

Looks a great place to stay (location and scenery wise) ......... but is it only B&B? ........ because after a day out on the roads there is no ways I want to be driving to find a restaurant especially as I like a few glasses of wine with my evening meal ....... :)

OK ...... ignore that post ..... I have just noticed the link and clicked on it ..... er ..... duh ..... sorry ...... :)

madalaa said:
OK ...... ignore that post ..... I have just noticed the link and clicked on it ..... er ..... duh ..... sorry ...... :)

Restaurant, Spa & B&B. Barmouth town is 3mins drive down the road also has a few restaurants.

:thumbs:

I noticed from their website that the restaurant is only open in the evening on Friday and Saturday ........ I suppose a taxi to and from Barmouth is an option If I were to stay during the week which would be my preference as the roads would be less busy.

madalaa said:
I noticed from their website that the restaurant is only open in the evening on Friday and Saturday ........ I suppose a taxi to and from Barmouth is an option If I were to stay during the week which would be my preference as the roads would be less busy.

It's a 10 min scenic walk along the estuary - wouldn't bother with taxi unless you are hammered! :lol:

Do a Google street view if you are unsure! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back