Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 near Newbury, Basingstoke, Reading?

wadsy

Hi all

I sold my 996 C2 a couple of years back. I'm now looking into getting a 997.2

Is there anyone in the west Berks-ish area (Newbury, Basingstoke) who'd be willing to take me out in theirs please?

Cheers
Martin

Martin, if you can hang on until simply Porsche and are going,there will be lots of forum members at that event with gen2 cars :thumb: :thumb:

How about going to a dealer and test driving one? If you are genuinely interested I am sure that will not be a problem :)

Hummm sounds dodgey :lol:

Good luck op :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Martin, if you can hang on until simply Porsche and are going,there will be lots of forum members at that event with gen2 cars :thumb: :thumb:

Good idea; I'll see if I can get along to that.

Do you think people would be up for taking me out though?...might be tricky at a show?

Cheers

apollokre1d said:
How about going to a dealer and test driving one? If you are genuinely interested I am sure that will not be a problem :)

Yes, will do....I've got a couple of dealers 'on the case' but I thought initially it would be nicer away from the sales environment :)

Cheers

wadsy said:
Phil 997 said:

Do you think people would be up for taking me out though?...might be tricky at a show?

Cheers

It is easy to get in and out at the show , the forum members are a decent bunch but I cant speak for them individually as to whether they would take you for a drive but most can be bribed with coffee and bacon butties :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
wadsy said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheers

It is easy to get in and out at the show , the forum members are a decent bunch but I cant speak for them individually as to whether they would take you for a drive but most can be bribed with coffee and bacon butties :grin: :grin: :grin:

8)

Is there a group 'meeting area'?

yes mate there is also a 911uk stand , they will tell you where everyone is parked and also give you your 911uk 2017 lanyard and id badge. just tell them your forum name and ideally add yourself to the main attendance list in the meets thread , last year we were all parked in the main central hardstanding area but not sure where we are getting put this year. there will be about 1200/1500 porsches there and about a 100 or so forum members

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116623&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Phil 997 said:
yes mate there is also a 911uk stand , they will tell you where everyone is parked and also give you your 911uk 2017 lanyard and id badge. just tell them your forum name and ideally add yourself to the main attendance list in the meets thread , last year we were all parked in the main central hardstanding area but not sure where we are getting put this year. there will be about 1200/1500 porsches there and about a 100 or so forum members

8) ...thanks for that :)

Will I be allowed to park near in our BMW?! :eek:

wadsy said:
Phil 997 said:

8) ...thanks for that :)

Will I be allowed to park near in our BMW?! :eek:

:floor: No mate you will be banished to the general car park with all the other nasty front engined cars :grin: but you will come in through the main entrance as you will have access to the whole of the site inc the attractions plus the porsches it is a good day out for the whole family as everything that is usually operating on the site is open , you cant miss the porsche area you will see it as soon as you walk in. on the left.

[/quote] Will I be allowed to park near in our BMW?! :eek:[/quote]

Yes, sure - if you ask nicely they will save you a spot near the front....

:floor:

Alright, alright, very funny! :)

I didn't think I'd park on a Porsche stand :wink:

Hence asking if I'd park "near" to the forum area; obviously not though :lol:

I'd thought about meeting at the services beforehand, thinking that might be a good idea before everyone wanders off round the show???

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back