Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Running out of zymol wax, what to get

silvermilnec

Hi guys I've had my tub of zymol carbon wax a few years now and it's performed well! Have waxes moved on?

My products
Bucket with grit guard
Meguiars Sheepskin wash mitt
Meguiars snow foam
Autoglym chamois
Zymol auto wash
Poor boys black hole
Meguiars 105 compound for paint correction
Zymol carbon wax

And the usual quick detailers.

So I need a new wax, any recommendations my car basalt.

Cheers

I'm a big fan of hybrid waxes nowadays. Hybrids match shine with durabilitu.

Dodo juice supernatural hybrid is a great product. You can buy a sample pot which would last for ages for about £12.

I love the blackfire waxes - midnight sun for the red car and black ice for the black car. Again, both are hybrids. Pricey, (like zymol) but a tub will last for a long time.

I am with Monkey on this, Blackfire instant detailer to apply after each wash gives a great shine. and I have tried a number of products over the past few years and have to say dojo juice is one of the best I use one for show car shine , it doesnt last quite as long as other dojo products but gives a nice wet look deep shine. needs redoing every 8 weeks or so but some of their other range last much longer all depends on what your after .
:thumb:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_106.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_106.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 7,064
silv- may I recommend ditching the chamois for a microfibre drying towel. Less chance of causing marring and scratches with the mf towel and also quicker to use.

Good old Collinite 476S for me.

I bought Bilt Hamber products after very good reviews in Auto Express (google it) and the wax has been superb, reasonably easy to apply and it lasts for ages.

Recommend you get yourself a Dodo Juice sponge - my favourite after trying loads of wash mitts.

My last two porkers I used a Gtechniq approved detailer. But got me thinking about what to do with my recent 997 turbo purchase. The Gtechniq detail is superb but is very expensive. Would cost circa £900+ for the turbo. I'am thinking about doing it myself this time & quite interested in trying Kamikaze - not cheap - but vastly cheaper doing it myself. The Kamikaze wax is a hybrid sealant & wax. Results look impressive.

I'm a huge fan of Swissvax as it's just so easy to use and the results are bang on time after time .
I'd also recommend a superb Prestige car care ' big yellow' drying towel they are just awesome :grin:

I've got bilt hamber double speed wax.

Am new to this so nothing to compare with really but it seems good and easy to use - and beads like crazy!

KJD said:
I'm a huge fan of Swissvax as it's just so easy to use and the results are bang on time after time .
I'd also recommend a superb Prestige car care ' big yellow' drying towel they are just awesome :grin:

Ordered cheers :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:
silv- may I recommend ditching the chamois for a microfibre drying towel. Less chance of causing marring and scratches with the mf towel and also quicker to use.

Done cheers :thumb:

Hi guys thanks for all the good advice!

Decided to start again and fully detail the turbo.

My method was jet wash, foam lance, jet wash, wash with meguiars auto wash, G3 clay mit, wash again and dry, (new product) dodo prime lime, some paint correction with the orbital polisher, then black hole topped off with (new product) dodo purple haze. Love the result and the two new products are so easy to use!! Thanks for everyone input!! I didn't get any good pics but will put some up soon :thumb:

Big convert here to Geyon Q2 MOHS! The prep for it is time consuming, but I haven't waxed my car in three years since doing it!
A top up every now & then with Wetcoat & it still beads like nothing else!

Well worth the effort!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back