Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS in for 6 year...and a whole lot more

Thanks all, after getting over it and the rack being a warranty item I'll be keeping. Although the lovely Cayenne S they gave me as a loaner made me seriously debate this...

Have a good relationship with the OPC (Chester), and also a member of pcgb so will try negotiate further. I thought the discs and pads would need doing this time and despite the price, would be more comfortable with the OPC doing it. Heat shields and flanges seem excessive to me price wise but it is what it is to some extent. Will fit the wipers myself, they also stuck an air con recharge at £99 and PDK transmission at £128, which although not part of the 6 year minor service, is part of work required at 6 year interval so not sure why this appeared on the 111.

Have had since Dec 2013 and purchased with 17k miles, tripped over to 38k en route to the OPC so a 'big bill' was always going to come.

Did you get a quote from Wilmslow? Where did you buy the car from?

My GTS, bought new from Wilmslow in 2011, had a clean bill of health on it's 6 year service - the whole thing seems questionable..??

Bought from Leeds but moved to Manc shortly after so have always used Chester. They sent me the video of the 111 and to be fair, all looks legit. The rear brakes have been scraping recently and overall, have not had that solid bite for the last few months so was expecting that. The heatshield fell off when he was showing me the corrosion and the flanges do look somewhat tired.

I'm there first thing so will try negotiate down using pcgb membership amongst other things. A bit annoying as I'm only doing around 100 miles per month at the moment (and have been for 8 months) due to baby and car always garaged, so the corrosion seems to have just come on since last years warranty renewal.

I'm sorry but they are taking you to the cleaners!

The heat shields are £20 each and a 10 minute job to replace! Exhaust flange nuts and bolts are pence and maybe half an hour to do on the ramp. My local garage did mine for free when they MOT'd the car. I reckon their profit on just the heat shields and flange bolts alone is in the region of £600 :eek:

Andyc11 said:
Bought from Leeds but moved to Manc shortly after so have always used Chester. They sent me the video of the 111 and to be fair, all looks legit. The rear brakes have been scraping recently and overall, have not had that solid bite for the last few months so was expecting that. The heatshield fell off when he was showing me the corrosion and the flanges do look somewhat tired.

I'm there first thing so will try negotiate down using pcgb membership amongst other things. A bit annoying as I'm only doing around 100 miles per month at the moment (and have been for 8 months) due to baby and car always garaged, so the corrosion seems to have just come on since last years warranty renewal.

Cheshire Oaks did the same with me on my previous car, came back with a mega long list told them to do one.
I use OCD Porsche in Wallasey now for anything that needs doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back