Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 964 Owner Intro

thesmithsUK

Hi,

Picked up my first air-cooled 911 last week - a 1990 Carrera 4 Cabriolet Manual after a very positive PPI.

It was a 'Special Wishes' programme car with Brilliant Red Metallic paint. The first owner also specified BBS rims with gold latticework (these have since been replaced though I'm tempted to try and track some down). The complete history file starts with the Bill of Sale from AFN Porsche: £65,235.72 back in 1990!

Some nice modifications including Bilstein HD shocks with H&R springs. Has been well looked after by SCS Porsche in Devon for the last 10 years (including a recent top-end re-build). 94k miles, full service history.

Love it already!

Quick pic below:

IMG_2414_zpsmxsb7b1s.jpg

Very pretty....like the spoiler chin. Looks great. Congrats

Feel free to take another pic and put some socks on those wheels! Defo go back to original lol. Lovely colour, lovely motor :thumbs:

Enjoy it.

Make sure you drive it and get the psychological barrier out of the way. 1 Euro trip should do it.

:thumb:

Lovely colour enjoy it.

I agree the BBS or period wheels would suit it better.

Love the colour :thumb:

stewhp said:
Lovely colour enjoy it.

I agree the BBS or period wheels would suit it better.

These are the wheels the car was originally on (though not the 'slammed' ride height!):

964%20stance_zpszeoljosg.jpg

Great colour! Are you saying it was delivered by Porsche with BBS wheels as an option code or these were fitted after delivery?

That's a great colour and the front lip works well.

Now ditch those 997 Lobster Claws and get some BBS Splits on pronto. :thumb:

C.

looks great 8) ^^ agree get some original BBS's back on :thumb:

sorry to slightly hijack but I have one of those front lips available if anyone is interested PM me :)

Nice looking car!

Welcome,
Paul :thumbs:

Welcome aboard chum :thumb:

:envy:

These lowered 964's are giving me major sex wee issues
smitten.gif

very nice car , enjoy the drive :thumb:

ras62 said:
Great colour! Are you saying it was delivered by Porsche with BBS wheels as an option code or these were fitted after delivery?

The 'BBS Road Wheels' were supplied and fitted by the dealer (AFN) at a cost of £1,990 + VAT. With an allowance of £400 for the factory fitted D90 wheels!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back