Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Climate Control Buttons Worn - Found a solution!

porscheaddicted said:
Hi there,

Yesterday I got a newsletter, this web site is now offering long lasting replacement switches!!!

http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-replacement-switches-for-climate-unit-987-997/

replacement_buttons_box__69824.1483904149.1280.1280.jpg

I ordered one set at a discounted price, will post pictures when I get them.

cheers

When do you get these through mate? If they're top notch I may be tempted.

Mine are still "In Transit" :sad:

Sent 17th Feb from Spain

Apparenltly tracked post takes longer (and the Spanish aren't renowned for their speediness at the best of times!)

Yes.

Attached to a full replacement climate control unit (CCU)

Who doesn't sell them separately is SIEMENS, which is the problem.

In some respects that's moot, as even if they did, they would sell the same ones (ie still disolveable!), whereas the ClimaRepair ones are a different material

GT4 said:
Mine are still "In Transit" :sad:

Sent 17th Feb from Spain

Apparenltly tracked post takes longer (and the Spanish aren't renowned for their speediness at the best of times!)

Darn. Well, i hope to see a review in late May :D

I can see you're one of those glass half full (of Pedro Ximenez) types!

I reckon the OP is climarepair and it was a bit of advertising/PR disguised as a post.

Can't wait any longer (having ordered two months ago and still not here, and reports of pants quality)

So I just painted:

img_8086_119.jpg

Yes, they won't light up, but I do have ambient lighting and I'm fairly sure I'll be able to find the correct large rocker switch next to the relevant LCD display symbols for temp or fan speed, like those generic physical buttons down the side of satnav screens that do whatever the symbol says on the screen immediately next to it, or if you are using a cash machine, about two-thirds of a button spacing too low and you order a cheque book instead of getting cash out)

hvac1.jpg

Robertb said:
I reckon the OP is climarepair and it was a bit of advertising/PR disguised as a post.

You couldnt be more wrong, mate!

I just bought the stickers from climarepair and after a couple years got a newsletter offering a new product (the whole switch) and bought it. Now they came out with the second generation of switches and bought them, you can see many pictures in their web site:

http://www.climarepair.com/customer-pictures/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back