Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ATF Pan to Trqansmission Bolt Torque

shaunpr

Monza
Hi All

Had a bit of a leak after changing my tiptronic filter

Anyone know what torque the six bolts should be to hold the pan on?

All I can find is the torque for the earlier pan, mine is a 2002

Many Thanks
Shaun

It depends on the bolts that hold it in place if they are for example M6 and the previous year was M6 it'll most probably be the same torque figure. I'm not sure what bolts that are used so if they are smaller or bigger the same rule will apply.

That's what I went with in the end however on this design their are only six bolts not 24 (rough guess).

So we shall have to see how it goes. No leaks so far!!

Yes, the Bentleys workshop manual says 8nm for the Mercedes tip box, and 10nm for the earlier ZF tip box.

They also stress the importance of gradual tightening in the correct pattern - tightening bolts opposite each other in turn.

If it continues to leak it might be worth investing in a new pan in case the old one has distorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back