Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Dilema

Mike_993

The annual Insurance dilemma for my 993. I have a renewal offering from CL circa £330.00 with 2 years NCB. Garaged, restricted mileage etc. Another big name quoted the same sort of figure and is specifically a Classic Car Policy with no trackday cover. Or !! - Wait for it !! - Admiral Classic Car Policy approx £115.00. Any experience of Admiral policies or observations greatly appreciated. With Admiral I must send in 6 photos and £10.00 for the agreed value to kick in rather than market value. Why so much difference up or down?? Its too much to wear the "you get what you pay for hat"
Thanks in advance

I am with Admiral at present and have been with them in the past on just one of their standard policies which have always been very reasonably priced ....... I have never made a claim so can't report on that aspect ....... but when my policy comes up for renewal I will certainly be looking at that option ....... what's not to like ...... :?:

:dont know:

I'm with Admiral right now - a picked up an SP30 i January and they have decided to up my Insurance by £380 without any discussion with me, the customer.

I will be voting with my feet at renewal.

Osh

I have used Admiral in the past but wasn't too impressed by the level of customer service and the charges they impose that other companies do not. Such as number plate changes.

I know these things may not be a big deal but just didn't feel comfortable with Admiral.

I'm with Aviva at the moment who may not be the cheapest but the customer service has been excellent.

As usual I shop around each year and then negotiate with Aviva who always manage to get close to other competitive offers.

Never accept the annual renewal price.

I had to deal with Admiral after my accident .. very impressed to the point that i will be useing them in future instead of Aviva ....

Its not always the cost .. its how your dealt with when you need it .

I have just renewed mine through Classicline at £425.

The company I was with insured my 4S at around £350 but when I bought the turbo in November they needed a £150 top up plus the tracker activated. When I told them on renewal that I wasn`t willing to continue paying the tracker fee the closest quote was £1750. See ya :nooo:

Osh said:
I'm with Admiral right now - a picked up an SP30 i January and they have decided to up my Insurance by £380 without any discussion with me, the customer.

I will be voting with my feet at renewal.

Osh

1st Osh or do you have previous?

1 offence doesn't usually count with most companies.

I have just had my van renewal from Aviva which was £200 more than last year!!
I rang and quibbled the increase and they reduced it to a much more reasonable £20 more than last year.

Shouldn't have to though should you?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back