Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo Chassis Sticker?

basildon993

The chassis sticker and tyre spec stickers are missing from my Turbo. It has had some bodywork done in the past and they weren't replaced. I have now found out why! £400 inc vat for new stickers from OPC Mid Sussex! :eek: No discount, pay in advance and a 6-8 week wait.

Anyone know where I can get them for a more realistic price??? :?:

Black marker pen, £1, Staples.

Take a photo of them and ask if a graphic or decal company can reproduce them.

£400 is a lot! Never saw the cost when mine when they were replaced under warranty ...genuinely, but only because the original sticker was on the illuminated door trim that failed?...OPC sorted it no problem, but it did take 4weeks to arrive.

I don't think a warranty claim for just a sticker would work, but worth considering. :puh:

G2 said:
£400 is a lot! Never saw the cost when mine when they were replaced under warranty ...genuinely, but only because the original sticker was on the illuminated door trim that failed?...OPC sorted it no problem, but it did take 4weeks to arrive.

I don't think a warranty claim for just a sticker would work, but worth considering. :puh:

Not under warranty. I'm on my own! :)

Carrerascott said:
Have you tried ??
http://car-bone.pl

If they haven't got them they may be able to make some

That's who I would try as well :thumb: keep us posted

Martian said:
£400! :eek:

I'd be more concerned though what damage was done that required that area being repaired.

It could have been something like seat belt damage so the door shut needed painting, or a desire to have no masking lines or paint edges. I know if I asked my bodyshop to do that job they would have removed the stickers. If it was an Insurance job they should have been replaced as part of the repair.

Demort said:
Trust me when i say that removeing the seat from the car can easily scratch that panel and require painting :oops:

Sounds like a story in there somewhere? Ahem..

Yes mine were removed as painting happened. I also enquired about replacements and was told £200 each.

Carrerascott said:
Have you tried ??
http://car-bone.pl

If they haven't got them they may be able to make some

Thank you, they look like a possible! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back